Sliding door panel removal - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Sliding door panel removal

Hi all

I'm in the process of replacing the stock speakers and everything was pretty straight forward with the dash and front doors but I'm a bit hung up getting the sliding door panels off. Has anyone seen a guide or anything concerning this?

I have the bolts out by the interior handle and have the side and bottom perimeter popped loose but I cannot figure out the top. That whole child sunscreen area isn't moving and I really don't feel like breaking it.

Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 07:59 PM

Garage
Wonder if this parts diagram would shed light on how the panel is attached...

https://www.factorychryslerparts.com...RP661D2AC.html

2017 Pacifica Limited
Red, Fully Loaded 8-Passenger
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Well, by the looks of that the plastic "grill" area is a seperate piece so I may be able to get that off to access the speaker screws and drop the speaker out the bottom that I already have loose.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Hopefully this will help someone. First, despite how it looks in that link the grill area of the panel is part of the single piece mold.

To actually get the panel off, in addition to the side and bottom panel clips there are clips in the middle of the panel - basically just above and to the center of the speaker grill area. It takes a decent tug with your hand behind the panel (easiest from the front of the panel) and these clips release and the whole panel is free.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 12:52 PM

What are you replacing the speakers with? Just plug and pray without any amps or adding subwoofers etc?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Yeah Just plug and play. I'm putting JVC Clubs for the 3.5" dash; JVC 6.5" in the front doors and Piioneer 6x9's in the back doors. In all my previous vehicles I've completely rewired, amped and fab'd fiberglass sub enclosures but I simply don't have the time.

For the Pac it's factory wiring, 15W ish going to the speaker from the stock amp. I basically went for higher sensitivity speakers with RMS power handling on the low end.

Will I miss a thumping sub? Yup. But... it's a work veh so I'm on the phone half the time with customers and I can always come home to my 15" 1400W RMS sub in the living room that hits below 20hz
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 08:09 AM
SRF

Hello All: I’m having trouble removing the interior front door panels to replace the speakers. I removed the screw under the latch handle and removed the clips all around the perimeter of the panel. The center of the panel will not release. Is there another screw in the middle or just more clips? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Yes, you have one more screw to go and then there are also additional clips along the window after you get the screw out. For me those were more difficult to pup out than the other perimeter ones.

Second screw is in the arm rest. Remove the rubber piece that's inside the recess on the top of the arm rest and you'll see the screw.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 10:02 AM
SRF

Thanks very much. Is that the same screw under/behind the door lever?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 05:36 AM

somebody post a video nothing even on you tube
Longtimemopar likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page