Heated Steering Wheel Could Be Improved... - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue003 View Post
What if you vinyl wrapped that ring around the steering wheel? Would that reduce the level of cold/chill it would have?
I think so. I did an experiment last year and the discomfort mostly went away for me when I tried touching the wheel while wearing a thin disposable plastic glove. I told my wife I would splurge and get her a whole box of those 5 mil thick gloves at Harbor Freight for Christmas but she wasn't amused by my cheapness or fashion sense.
generaltso, Bond007 and stop-eject like this.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels

Last edited by BrettP; 11-15-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 12:58 PM

Might be worth someone taking a look into. You still have all the benefits of the 2 tone wheel and just wrap the silve/chrome piece in a chrome vinyl. Would look identical I would think and reduce the cold issue. It would even work for the hot issue in the summer.

Not sure what that would cost and if a shop would even take the time for somethign that small.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 08:00 PM

This ring is a huge functionality fail. I picked up my brand-new 2018 Pacifica Limited a month ago and noticed the ring of ice on the steering wheel the moment I got into it. It has only gotten worse as the winter deepens. Unfortunately it isn't a small thing when it is -20 to -30 c outside here in Canada. Even with the wheel warmed up for 15 minutes, it is still icy cold. I have to wear winter gloves while driving, with the heated steering wheel on. If I don't have gloves, I have to hold the wheel with my fingers and not let my palms touch the metal. This was designed in Michigan and made in Windsor, so who was the genius that missed this? Why on earth would you put a ring of metal on a steering wheel and think that was a good thing? With all of the testing that was done, was it only tested in the spring or fall?

I can just imagine in the middle of summer that I will be burning my hands touching this. I don't think I am exaggerating unfortunately. Is anyone at Chrysler looking into this?

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue003 View Post
What if you vinyl wrapped that ring around the steering wheel? Would that reduce the level of cold/chill it would have?
i'm asking a shop about doing this next week. What a dumb idea.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 11:43 PM

A little preview...

wheel
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvassagox View Post
A little preview...

wheel
That looks like the steering wheel in my Jeep Cherokee Overland.

2018 Pacifica S Limited
White/Black Interior
3.6L V6 Gas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page