Overhead flip down screen - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Overhead flip down screen

For those who could not afford the theatre u connect, have you guys looked into the flip down dvd, i have seen some with mirracast and a lot can play movies thru usb, hdmi sd card. These are what i found so far

Rockville RVD17HD 17" Flip Down Car Monitor w DVD/HDMI/USB/SD/Games

Accele AXFD102HDWF 10.2 Inch Over Head Flip Down LCD Monitor with Built-In Wifi and HDMI
Accele AXFD102HDWF 10.2 Inch Over Head Flip Down LCD Monitor with Built-In Wifi and HDMI

Clarus TOP-FD15HDMI 15.6 inch Overhead Roof-Mount LCD Flipdown Monitor with HDMI
Clarus TOP-FD15HDMI 15.6 inch Overhead Roof-Mount LCD Flipdown Monitor with HDMI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 03:12 PM

There is also a flip down option available from Mopar for he Pacifica.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 04:30 PM
Banned

That isn't included in the theatre u connect ?

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue003 View Post
There is also a flip down option available from Mopar for he Pacifica.
I bet those will cost over a thousand, the ones im looking at is only around 200-400
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 10:42 AM

Wow, those drop down units sure have gotten much cheaper and far more capable. I added one (with VCR) to a van back around 2000 and it cost 3-4 times as much. To install, I just cut a hole in the headliner, put a thin piece of wood above the headliner to screw the unit to, added foam rubber so nothing rattled and it all looked very professional. Yours should be even easier to install because everything seems to be in one single unit while mine had a separate VCR that had to be mounted elsewhere. The drop down monitor lasted the entire 198,000 miles I owned that van but the separate VCR didn't do so well and was replaced a couple times, eventually by a portable DVD player.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 02:58 PM

I was looking to add something like this for the third row. Since there's a seatbelt anchor for the 8th passenger seat, I'm guessing there's a cross beam that the unit can be attached to. Any idea if the dealer would install the Mopar overhead screen for the third row or is it a 2nd row option only? If I get something aftermarket, would it affect the warranty of the vehicle?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 04:31 PM

I ended up buying each of my three kids an Amazon Fire tablet for $33 each on Prime Day (normally $49), plus $10 each for an additional memory card that is big enough to hold 30+ full length movies. I added the movies already. We will leave them in the van, each kid has full control of watching videos or playing games on their own screen, if anything breaks it's easy to replace, and all for around $125.

The tablets themselves are great by the way. Amazing really considering the price. Lots of free games available too that they enjoy. Just make sure to turn off in-app and Amazon purchases.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crouch View Post
I ended up buying each of my three kids an Amazon Fire tablet for $33 each on Prime Day (normally $49), plus $10 each for an additional memory card that is big enough to hold 30+ full length movies. I added the movies already.

Wise! My sons play with the UConnect theater somewhat but then I often look up in the mirror to find them reverting back to their iPhones and iPads for most of the trip. Hard to beat a smartphone and/or tablet loaded with games and movies.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
I ended up buying each of my three kids an Amazon Fire tablet for $33 each on Prime Day (normally $49), plus $10 each for an additional memory card that is big enough to hold 30+ full length movies. I added the movies already. We will leave them in the van, each kid has full control of watching videos or playing games on their own screen, if anything breaks it's easy to replace, and all for around $125.

The tablets themselves are great by the way. Amazing really considering the price. Lots of free games available too that they enjoy. Just make sure to turn off in-app and Amazon purchases.
That's a good call, but my kids are a little young for tablets (2 and 4). I'd be easier to turn the engine off and cut power to all the screens than try to pry tablets out of their hands.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

You should look into this you load your sd card or external drive and let all your tablet connect to it to get movies, so u dont have to load movies on all the tablets

kylet13 and siuc261 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page