DIY memory seat installation? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

DIY memory seat installation?

I plan to buy a Touring-L but it doesn't have driver memory seat.
I find that moparpartsoverstock has the driver memory selector and memory seat module and they claim this can work on all the trims.

Do you think we can buy these two parts and install them on a Touring-L?
I can hardly find any videos online regarding this, and it is hard to know if the wire harness is already in place for us to do a simple plug and go.

If anyone has tried, or has knowledge about this, please let me know!
dotbot and pachyderm like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 01:51 AM

Following this one...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 10:28 PM

Me too..........I'm 6'1".....wife's, 5'3".....would be nice.

2018 Pacifica L S with 20s & alpine, tow..velvet red

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 11:51 PM

Garage
also followin g

I wasn't raised to be a Mopar guy. Now i have 2. Go figure!!

2017 Tusk White Pearl Chrysler Pacifica Touring - Dec. 2016 Build.
2017 Granite Crystal Metallic Dodge Journey GT Blacktop Edition - Feb. 2017 Build.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 03:08 PM

Garage
This would not be plug-and-play. The harnesses are different between the memory seat and regular power seat. The memory seat has a connection to the CAN-IHS bus. Power is routed differently as well.

Also, I'm not sure if the motors are the same. The memory seats keep track of the position of the seat while the regular power seats don't need to.

No doubt it is possible, but it would be quite the little project.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd
2013 Volt
2015 F-150

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 06:16 PM

Absolutely not a mod that can just be added by installing the switch. There is a LOT tied into the memory function and I can assure you there are likely multiple different modules in the vehicle and different programming as well. Different wire harnesses etc etc. I know itís not what you wanted to hear, but itís one of those features that needs to be bought already on the vehicle.

2017 Cadillac ATS 3.6 awd Premium, Phantom Gray, Carbon Black package, Recaros
2017 Pacifica Limited, bright white, black/deep mocha, AST, blu-ray, 20Ē wheels, HK audio
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post
Absolutely not a mod that can just be added by installing the switch. There is a LOT tied into the memory function and I can assure you there are likely multiple different modules in the vehicle and different programming as well. Different wire harnesses etc etc. I know itís not what you wanted to hear, but itís one of those features that needs to be bought already on the vehicle.
And I would have done so, had Chrysler offered the option on my hybrid Limited. But for some reason it was not an option on the hybrid - only on the standard version. Go figure...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
.....Also, I'm not sure if the motors are the same. The memory seats keep track of the position of the seat while the regular power seats don't need to.....
While DIY is obviously not practical due to the bus, harnesses, etc., noted above, my touring L Plus has a button that moves the seat fully forward to stow/unstow the 2nd row seat, and then moves it back to the original position. So, for the trims with that feature, the "memory" positioning mechanics are there already. But we can't take advantage of it based on the other posts.
Breezy and citanic like this.

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
Build date Oct 2016 - Delivered 11/30/16
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 02:45 PM

Garage
Does anyone have the wiring diagrams to compare Limited seat & door wiring to the other models (like a TL+)? Any info would be appreciated. Even if you suggest where's best to get the diagrams. I plan to get the shop manual, though I thought I saw electrical may be separate?

I'm even willing to mount the $25 switch under the dash as it won't be used everyday and would make for easier wiring (unless the harness is already pre-wired and in the door). Sounds like that's not the case, but I'll hold out a chance. I'm willing to review the electrical diagrams and give it a go and post my results

Seems strange how many new vehicles don't come with that option when they have powered seats, but I suppose the bean counters need a way to sell a higher trim. I'm looking at another vehicle/manufacturer (keeping the pacifica of course) and you have to go to a 50k pricepoint before you get memory seats...

I do enjoy how my subaru (a 2003 mind you) was wired from the factory - everything was pre-wired so the dealer (or individual) could just connect what they wanted (tow hitch wiring, security system, autodimming mirror, etc.)

2018 TL+ Jazz Blue / "S" Appearance / Advanced Safety Tech / 8-seat / Towing / 18" stock winter wheels / 20 Speaker HK / spare tire / splash guards / keysense. Ordered 4/6/18, built 4/13/18, Upfit complete 4/25/18, Arrival ETA available on 4/30 (5/5-5/15), unloaded from train in Jessup, MD 5/6, trucked to dealer 5/16
Mods: 19" MSW Type 48 Black wheels w/wider 255 tires, LED conversion, Husky Xact Floormats, Ceramic Tint, aukey DS02 dashcam
Next up: Shop manual
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 09:54 PM

Went to our local dealer today. We have a TL w/S package. It does have the seat assist feature for the Stow’n Go...so I’m thinking this is possible.Gave them our VIN as well as a Limited on the lot with the memory feature. They informed me that the seat bases and motors are all the same as well as the module in the door according to both VINs. Only difference they could tell was the wiring harness for the [email protected]$122 and the switch and trim piece of course. The part of the process they were skeptical on was the programming and can’t guarantee it would work....Chrysler customer care was of zero help on this also. Might make a $200 gamble?....plus @$135 for the tech to “try” and program. Any other thoughts to date?
dotbot likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in