Noisy sliding doors on acceleration and braking - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By hvywght

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

Noisy sliding doors on acceleration and braking

I just joined up to the forum. I have a Touring Plus - love it. But about 10k miles, I started hearing the sliding doors groan when I braked and accelerated. It has gotten worse. I rented a Pacifica out in California with 30k on it and I heard the same problem. I took mine into the dealer, they heard it and replaced the interior door panels. It helped for a while but now it's back. Sounds like the doors are not tight. I also hear more wind noise in both doors

I have owned 2 T&C before this - never had either problem. Any ideas? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 12:53 PM

Here is what I found with extensive research and tinkering with the doors. Main reason I messed with them is I also have what seems to be excessive road/wind noise that seems to be coming from just behind my head to the left. I have done everything with that sliding door and nothing improved the road noise. Anyway, long story short I may have a fix for you because I was also experiencing the groaning type noise or whatever you wanna call it. I believe it was the weather stripping. I would recommend conditioning it with a automotive weather stripping lubricant. That instantly removed any noises I had coming from the door. It didnít have anything to do with the door panel itself.

Hope this helps.

2017 Cadillac ATS 3.6 awd Premium, Phantom Gray, Carbon Black package, Recaros
2017 Pacifica Limited, bright white, black/deep mocha, AST, blu-ray, 20Ē wheels, HK audio
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 12:19 PM

I am also having the exact issue described by ronmoparpac. It seems to be a creaking noise of the panel parts rubbing together somewhere on accelerate and braking, just behind the driver seat. Did the suggestion by JTS97Z28 work? It seems internal to the panel in the sliding door, are we sure conditioning the weather stripping would solve it? In my case, it is not wind noise, but more the noise caused by torsional movement of the car frame. The dealer has replaced several parts on the sliding door to no avail. They will be replacing the entire panel in a few weeks, but wondering if that doesn't work either, what other solutions there might be?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 07:48 PM

This is a common noise. The E9x BMWs had the same thing. Apply gummi pflege to every rubber seal/weather strip on the door and on the body. Should work.
Thundering Banshee likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page