2nd Row stow and go completely removeable? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

2nd Row stow and go completely removeable?

has anyone completely removed the second Row Stow and GO seats from the vehicle.

Reason I ask is I bought a Touring Plus with Cloth seats. But locally I can buy a pair of used Leather seats for $100.

But I am afraid they had to hack them out and are not reinstallable into another Pacifica.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/new-unused-....c100005.m1851

2017 Touring Plus
Velvet Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosnarb View Post
has anyone completely removed the second Row Stow and GO seats from the vehicle.
Reason I ask is I bought a Touring Plus with Cloth seats. But locally I can buy a pair of used Leather seats for $100.
But I am afraid they had to hack them out and are not reinstallable into another Pacifica.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/new-unused-....c100005.m1851
I don't think the Stow and Go seats are easily removable (in the same way the old Grand Caravan van seats were) since they stow in the floor, but at some point the Stow and Go seats needed to be attached to the van, so just look at your van's seats to see if you can tell how they were attached (screws, bolts, special fasteners, etc.) and then check with the seller to see if the new seats can be attached the same way. There may be legitimate reasons for a van conversion company or junk yard to remove and sell seats that are in good condition without damaging the attachment area.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 01:53 AM

Note that these are from a 7 passenger van. They have the inner arm rests.
I'm assuming you have a 7 passenger van as well.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 05:56 AM

Garage
For that price I don't see much of a risk. You could get an opinion from a local Dealer as to how the pull cable and seat release lever attach to the vehicle such that the mechanisms function properly and also about the safety of a re-installed seat.

2017 Pacifica Limited
Red, Fully Loaded 8-Passenger
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 08:31 AM

I'd be cautious of any counter-balance spring buried in the mechanism, lest it become a human-scale mouse trap when key fasteners are removed.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciTchr View Post
I don't think the Stow and Go seats are easily removable (in the same way the old Grand Caravan van seats were) since they stow in the floor, but at some point the Stow and Go seats needed to be attached to the van, so just look at your van's seats to see if you can tell how they were attached (screws, bolts, special fasteners, etc.) and then check with the seller to see if the new seats can be attached the same way. There may be legitimate reasons for a van conversion company or junk yard to remove and sell seats that are in good condition without damaging the attachment area.
I have tried looking at mine and it is hard to tell.

2017 Touring Plus
Velvet Red
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobe View Post
Note that these are from a 7 passenger van. They have the inner arm rests.
I'm assuming you have a 7 passenger van as well.
Yes I sure Do..

2017 Touring Plus
Velvet Red
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 06:07 PM

That sure is a great price if you're looking to upgrade to kid_friendly leather. Perfectly-good 2nd row seats get taken out of brand new Pacificas when companies like Braun and VMI do wheelchair conversions (like what I have) -- and I'm sure they don't simply torch them out of the vehicle (because they realize there is probably a market out there for people who want to properly install them).

2017 Pacifica Touring L (build date Apr 2017) • Uconnect 8.4 • 18" Tire and Wheel Group (now wearing Michelin X-Ice Xi2 winter tires) • Inflatable Spare Tire Kit • VMI Northstar in-floor wheelchair ramp conversion
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 11:48 PM

It looks like these seats, if they are truly Pacifica units, bolt to the pedestal that actually guides the seat down into the well. So the attachment is probably to the pedestal rather than the van body. A collision shop might know the details as well as the dealer. But I don't really see any attachment points on the shot of the underside.

Also, there seems to be an electrical connection -- these are possibly heated seats.

The e-bay company is well rated, but two flags on this item for me -- it says "Warranty - yes" (how? who?) I don't think Chrysler is interested in supporting seats that were removed from another van. The other is they are flogging them as appropriate for a range of vehicles "Easy can be installed in any Jeep , Car , Truck , Classic Car , Hotrod , Van , Bus , Boat , ..." Just seems too universal, but what do I know? Chrysler may have standardized seat frames -- helps with inventory.

If you do undertake it, heed 94044's warning about springs under tension. I remember being caught unawares folding down the back of my 2008 Stow & Go -- almost gave me a concussion because it snapped down so fast.

Good luck.

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
Build date Oct 2016 - Delivered 11/30/16
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 06:16 PM

They are completely removable, but very expensive to do so. I am getting a wheelchair ramp installed in my 2018 Pacifica and wanted to get them removed prior to taking the van to Braunability. Chrysler wouldn’t do it because the cost would be too great. The wheelchair place was going to charge $200. To have the company doing the conversion will do it and then charge me $150; thus, your purchase price might be cheap, but installation will be expensive.
OregonAvocado likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page