Dome light problem - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seo68 View Post
I'm pretty sure that "round light" is the actual light itself that has become dislodged from it's spot behind the lens, and we are seeing the light itself that is now loose behind the headliner.

And yes, the whole assembly should just pull free from the headliner, although it will take a little force to free the clips.
Agree with this. The light is behind the headliner and shining through it. How can the headliner reflect light? Or can the OP post another picture with some more daylight.
seo68 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 07:25 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Agree with this. The light is behind the headliner and shining through it. How can the headliner reflect light? Or can the OP post another picture with some more daylight.
Okay, I finally see what is being said! The loose wire with LED attached an turned on has slid over under the headliner and is shining through ...got it and agree.
Bond007 and seo68 like this.

2017 Pacifica Limited
Red, Fully Loaded 8-Passenger
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 09:52 AM

Hi all, I just picked up a used Touring L and it has this problem (light was pushed in too hard and is loose). I managed to get the trim piece off but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the light back onto the trim piece while at the same time getting the trim piece back up into the headliner. There is not enough slack on the cord attached to the light and every time I try to pop the trim back into the headliner the light pops off the trim piece. Any ideas??

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 10:07 PM
RPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetter View Post
I managed to get the trim piece off
Did you just pull the trim down or use a tool to push a tab? Any tabs on the trim piece to worry about?

Does it look like the light itself may have a tab that's missing?
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPL View Post
Did you just pull the trim down or use a tool to push a tab? Any tabs on the trim piece to worry about?

Does it look like the light itself may have a tab that's missing?
Thanks for responding. Yes I used a tool... managed to figure it out this morning. The key was to put the clips on the trim prior to pushing it up into the headliner (as opposed to having the clips set into the headliner). I also adjusted the female tab insert on the trim piece where the light connects and that seemed to have made the light more stable while putting it back into the headliner.
RPL likes this.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 03:28 PM

My Wife did this by accident the other day, I wrested with the trim piece a little, but I'm afraid of damaging the headliner if pull any harder. How exactly do you release the clips and where are they located?
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 07:13 PM

The clips are towards the front of the vehicle around the light fixture. The rear of the trim has a tab that catches a lip in the back. Pull slow and even on both sides of the light. Dont pull from the back by the AC vent due to the tab, or the front due to a short wire attached to the switch.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 01:05 AM

I had a similar problem with the rear reading lights. My daughter had pressed the button too hard and the light popped inside detaching from the outer structure that holds it in place.

I ended up using a suction cup with 20mm in diameter with the top portion attached to a thin wire. I attached the suction cup at the light, wire through the outer clip and while pressing the clip up, I pulled the wire down until it snapped back in. It took me several attempts with the suction cup coming off at times, but eventually I succeeded.

Best of luck with fixing your dome light!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page