Full Floor Console? - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettP View Post
Good project idea! Will need to bring it from the dash USB port if one wants to do more than just charge a device.
Yeah, it would be a challenge, and you'd likely end up losing the USB port in the dash if you moved it. I wish Chrysler had just put a 2nd port in the storage compartment like they do in other models. My Cherokee has one in the dash like the Pacifica, but has another one in the covered center console. Best of both worlds.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
Yeah, it would be a challenge, and you'd likely end up losing the USB port in the dash if you moved it.

Agreed. If a two port USB hub worked at all we would likely be limited to a USB device in one place or the other but not both simo.

Alternatively, I'm thinking a USB extension cable with a 90 degree plug could come from the rear of the dash cubby hole next to the USB jack and just plug in (see thumbnail). It could be unplugged from time to time and coiled up in the cubby hole if something else needs to plug in that front jack. The other end goes into the floor super console top box as you suggested. This approach shouldn't have warranty issues.

Either way it needs to be "professionally dressed" and easily removed or tucked/hidden during trips to the shop.
Attached Images
File Type: png PacificaFrontUSB.PNG (89.7 KB, 176 views)

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels

Last edited by BrettP; 09-26-2016 at 11:16 AM.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 03:40 PM

center consol

I wish that I still had the console in my 2013 town and country as it was set up for nice storage I can live with this but it is really worthless and really dont know there reason for them being there as there is very little storage in it.It woukd have been nice to be able to have it slighly higher so I could at least use it for a arm rest.Maybe about like having a tach in a car with automatic transmission just for looks I guess.

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolee7 View Post
I wish that I still had the console in my 2013 town and country as it was set up for nice storage I can live with this but it is really worthless and really dont know there reason for them being there as there is very little storage in it.It woukd have been nice to be able to have it slighly higher so I could at least use it for a arm rest.Maybe about like having a tach in a car with automatic transmission just for looks I guess.
Totally agree, I thought our 2014 T&C had the best console we've every had, why couldn't they just keep making them that way across the board?
jerry17 likes this.

Don (ezdays) Day
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
The covered compartment in the super console is actually pretty small. I wish it was larger and had a USB port in it so you could have an iPod or flash drive hidden in there.
That is correct, that covered storage is pretty worthless, can't even put a sunglass case in there. Ours is empty right now.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Agreed. If a two port USB hub worked at all we would likely be limited to a USB device in one place or the other but not both simo.

Alternatively, I'm thinking a USB extension cable with a 90 degree plug could come from the rear of the dash cubby hole next to the USB jack and just plug in (see thumbnail). It could be unplugged from time to time and coiled up in the cubby hole if something else needs to plug in that front jack. The other end goes into the floor super console top box as you suggested. This approach shouldn't have warranty issues.

Either way it needs to be "professionally dressed" and easily removed or tucked/hidden during trips to the shop.
much easier to add a cigarette lighter and connect it to a 12v source then plug in a usb cig lightr so you can have usb, this can be hidden under the seats
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuter View Post
That is correct, that covered storage is pretty worthless, can't even put a sunglass case in there. Ours is empty right now.
Ah, thanks for that insight. I'll be sure to check out a Limited at the dealer to see a Super Console before I try to buy one to change out ours.

I'm still mystified why they couldn't keep the design from the T&C, two very large storage compartment plus four cup holders. I've always have been of the opinion that a engineer should be required to use the products that they design before the bring them to market, and engineers should never be allowed to write instruction manuals, they know too much about the product and tend to skip details that they think everyone else knows.
BrettP likes this.

Don (ezdays) Day
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezdays View Post
I'll be sure to check out a Limited at the dealer to see a Super Console before I try to buy one to change out ours.

Don - does your console have the long sliding door in the back with optional cupholders inside? The manual doesn't do a very good job at showing these various console options.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Don - does your console have the long sliding door in the back with optional cupholders inside? The manual doesn't do a very good job at showing these various console options.
There's a sliding drawer in the rear with cupholders. They are not optional though. I'll take a photo with them extended. The holders probably are removable, but they're setting in a molded cavity as part of the drawer.

Don (ezdays) Day
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 01:54 PM

EZDays

What did you end up doing? Switching to the Super Console? If so, yourself or dealer? If you don't mind me asking, costs?

Thanks
Kyle

2017 Pacifica Touring L-Plus Built Oct 24
Jazz Blue with Cognac / Alloy / Toffee interior
Advanced Tech, Tow Package, 18" Wheels, 8 Seats

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page