If I leave my sliding door open at night in our garage... - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By lightrules
  • 1 Post By jerry17

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2018, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Post If I leave my sliding door open at night in our garage...

Yesterday I had a dead battery when I went to start my car in the morning and it looks like the reason why is because I left the sliding door open at night. Does anyone know a way to have the car not leave the lights on all night if I leave a sliding door open? I was used to doing this with our Odyssey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManCardTurnedIn View Post
Yesterday I had a dead battery when I went to start my car in the morning and it looks like the reason why is because I left the sliding door open at night. Does anyone know a way to have the car not leave the lights on all night if I leave a sliding door open? I was used to doing this with our Odyssey.
You can turn off interior lights using the roller switches left of the steering wheel. Some vans have battery run down protection, so if that is the case with your van, I would see if there is another problem. Could you leave the windows open instead of the door?

Edit: According to the manual, the lights should turn off after 10 minutes after turning off van, so you may want to have your battery checked. There have been forum members who have had bad batteries during the first year. The gas Pacifica battery is supposed to have a three year warranty.

If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc) in the User CP signature line it will help us answer your questions easier.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Last edited by SciTchr; 05-21-2018 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:16 PM

Garage
I just want to say that your screenname is hilarious ROFL!
Bond007 and EmbraceTheEdge like this.

2018 Touring L Plus - Granite Crystal Metallic / "S" Appearance / Black & Light Diesel Gray / 20" Black Noise Wheels / Advanced Safety Tech / Tri-Panoramic Sunroof / Uconnect Theater / 20 Speaker Harman Kardon / Hands-Free Doors / 3D MAXpider Mats / HID+LED Conversion / Rayno Phantom S9 Nano-Ceramic Tint / Vantrue N2 Pro Dual Dash Cam / Thule Motion XXL Roof Box / Lifetime Max Care Warranty / Tire & Wheel Warranty

Old 05-23-2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManCardTurnedIn View Post
I have left the sliding door open overnight for multiple times. Never had battery issue.
Maybe look somewhere else for the cause?
Old 05-23-2018, 05:13 PM

I haven't left my door open overnight yet, but I think my interior lights do time out after a short while, so I don't think that leaving the door open should place any significant burden on the battery.

2018 Bright White Pacifica Hybrid Limited
Ordered: 15 SEP 2017
VIN: 19 SEP 2017
D1: 19 SEP 2017
Build sheet: 25 SEP 2017
JS: 28 SEP 2017
SL: 28 OCT 2017
KZ: 29 OCT 2017
Sticker: 30 OCT 2017
Dealer: 21 NOV 2017
Possession: 28 NOV 2017
Old 05-27-2018, 09:24 PM

Lights turn out after a few minutes (except maybe when you manually turn them on.)

ACC turns off after about 30 minutes. And I think the overhead / post door buttons also turn off after a few minutes.

Check the individual lights that can be forced on by switches -- but those are tiny drains. My grown up kids used to leave them on which I would not realize until I drove the van at night.

Make sure nothing is plugged into the "battery" sockets (the ones that show a battery on the cover) -- those remain on regardless of the ignition switch status. Things like chargers, etc. draw small currents even if not actively charging.

I would go back to the van about 15 minutes after you leave it with the door open (without the fob) and see what it is on and what is not (without opening any doors.) It should be completely dark.

And as mentioned above and on various threads, if it happens again, make sure you get the battery load tested. Premature battery failure, although relatively rare, is mentioned regularly.

Good luck.
seo68 likes this.

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
Build date Oct 2016 - Delivered 11/30/16

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in