Second row seat excessive wear - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By dovetail65

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Second row seat excessive wear

This is the second row seat behind the driver's seat, outboard side. This seat gets stowed more than the other side. That said, I've stowed it about 5 times max. There is no way this was caused by misuse and my van is only a year old. The seat is primarily used by my 12 year old sitting on a cover used typically for car seats. Currently I have a car seat installed using the LATCH as you can see... It doesn't got this area at all.

My only guess is that this is occurring when the seat is stowed as there is nothing here to rub the cloth raw like that. There is however hard plastic partially behind this which is most likely helping the area get worn. Still, for a year old van the cloth should hold up a heck of a lot better than this.

Next question is, since it's probably a defect in manufacturing, can I get this repaired or replaced under warranty?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180626_060856_1530034463506.jpg (135.7 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg 20180626_060828_1530034483593.jpg (152.3 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg 20180626_060708_1530034507787.jpg (111.3 KB, 67 views)

Father of thing 1, thing 2, thing 3, thing 4 is getting a minivan.
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus with Tow, Advance Safety, 8 passenger, Tire/wheel, and Nav.
*Ordered 1FEB and delivered 20MAR2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohawks1224 View Post
This is the second row seat behind the driver's seat, outboard side. This seat gets stowed more than the other side. That said, I've stowed it about 5 times max. There is no way this was caused by misuse and my van is only a year old. The seat is primarily used by my 12 year old sitting on a cover used typically for car seats. Currently I have a car seat installed using the LATCH as you can see... It doesn't got this area at all.

My only guess is that this is occurring when the seat is stowed as there is nothing here to rub the cloth raw like that. There is however hard plastic partially behind this which is most likely helping the area get worn. Still, for a year old van the cloth should hold up a heck of a lot better than this.

Next question is, since it's probably a defect in manufacturing, can I get this repaired or replaced under warranty?
Have you private messaged @ChryslerCares yet?

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 08:51 PM

Garage
Should be repaired under warranty. Definitely not normal wear.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciTchr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohawks1224 View Post

Have you private messaged @ChryslerCares yet?
I have not as I'm already in contact with them regarding the latch and the cops sound coming from the front left when I turn my steering wheel in other words I didn't want to overwhelm them with the whole bunch of stuff make me sound like I'm a complainer but I did just discovered this this morning.

Father of thing 1, thing 2, thing 3, thing 4 is getting a minivan.
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus with Tow, Advance Safety, 8 passenger, Tire/wheel, and Nav.
*Ordered 1FEB and delivered 20MAR2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 03:38 PM

Did you figure out what is touching the seat that badly to damage the seat when stowed. If there isnít one, how will you prove it was a factory defect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Did you figure out what is touching the seat that badly to damage the seat when stowed. If there isn’t one, how will you prove it was a factory defect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing a person could do other than physically ripping that out on purpose should cause something like that.

We don't need prove anything, they need prove it wasn't a factory defect, period . And they never can and even if they denied you then you appeal on the same basis. The basis is they have no idea what caused it therefore it's on them. Did they see it happen, nope.

Don't ever go in a dealer in that mindset or you lost before you started.

And never add a scenario of well this or that may of happened or I toss out what you think might have caused that tearing unless it's painfully obvious as to how to solve it. Even then I would probably say nothing at all. Play stupid like I woke up, it was like this, end of. Otherwise they may use your words against you as a denial or think, oh her kids did it. Say NOTHING other than look whats happened please repair this under warranty and say it with confidence and matter of fact.
Bond007 and froglips like this.

2018 Black S Limited EVERY OPTION available.

Last edited by dovetail65; 06-28-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page