Full length Cargo cover - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Full length Cargo cover

Does anyone know if there is a rubber floor liner that goes the whole length of the van from back of front row seats to the back of the van when all the seats are folded ? Asking because this will be my work vehicle ( satellite sale and installation and I’ll be sliding my ladder and equipment in and out of it )

17 Touring L white. Current mods: tinted windows, tinted tail lights and reflectors, Audiofrog GB15, Audiofrog GB60 Audison Voce 5.1k amp, Audison Bit Ten DSP, Diamond Audio 12 TDX sub.

Next mods: drop springs and 22s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3980 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a rubber floor liner that goes the whole length of the van from back of front row seats to the back of the van when all the seats are folded ? Asking because this will be my work vehicle ( satellite sale and installation and Ill be sliding my ladder and equipment in and out of it )
Try the search feature. I'm sure there have been several posts regarding this.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 11:05 PM

Garage
Save you trouble of searching. Here is what I did.

Mostly we drive with all 2nd and 3rd row seats down (bikes, traveling, etc.). We wanted some cover to keep the interior clean. Being waterproof was not critical but it needed to be easily removable. I decided to visit my local carpet store to see what they might offer. Right on top was a product called Metrowall II by Shaw carpeting. It could be used as outdoor carpeting but they happened to use it to cover walls in a theater for sound management. It does not have a thick backing and is 1/4" thick.

I bought a 6'x12' piece for $50 and made a paper pattern and trimmed the carpet to fit. The good thing is that it is easily removable and folds into the back cargo well if the seats need to come up.

Right now covers the floor vents. I think I need to cut holes so they are not blocked.
SciTchr, CatyDid and DoninDel like this.

among others:
1975 Plymouth Valiant
1989 Plymouth Voyager
2005 Chrysler T&C
as of 4/4/2018
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Red Velvet w/Advanced Safety and upgraded audio

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Awesome man you happen to have any pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltoppper View Post
Save you trouble of searching. Here is what I did.

Mostly we drive with all 2nd and 3rd row seats down (bikes, traveling, etc.). We wanted some cover to keep the interior clean. Being waterproof was not critical but it needed to be easily removable. I decided to visit my local carpet store to see what they might offer. Right on top was a product called Metrowall II by Shaw carpeting. It could be used as outdoor carpeting but they happened to use it to cover walls in a theater for sound management. It does not have a thick backing and is 1/4" thick.

I bought a 6'x12' piece for $50 and made a paper pattern and trimmed the carpet to fit. The good thing is that it is easily removable and folds into the back cargo well if the seats need to come up.

Right now covers the floor vents. I think I need to cut holes so they are not blocked.

17 Touring L white. Current mods: tinted windows, tinted tail lights and reflectors, Audiofrog GB15, Audiofrog GB60 Audison Voce 5.1k amp, Audison Bit Ten DSP, Diamond Audio 12 TDX sub.

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 11:24 PM

I've been interested in this as well. The floor vents may be preventing a really good option.

2018 Touring Plus, S Package, 20" Wheels
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

I’m going to be building something so i can slide everything in and out without scratching everything but i really want a mat under it so that when i do need to haul all the kids on a long trip i can slide everything out and take the mats out and it will still look good

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 02:14 AM

Quote:
I’m going to be building something so i can slide everything in and out without scratching everything but i really want a mat under it so that when i do need to haul all the kids on a long trip i can slide everything out and take the mats out and it will still look good
Thought you would like these posts. Didn't have time to find them earlier.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/209818-post4.html
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum...to_threadtools
Longtimemopar and CatyDid like this.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Exactly what i was looking for thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciTchr View Post
Quote:
Thought you would like these posts. Didn't have time to find them earlier.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/209818-post4.html
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum...to_threadtools

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 07:33 AM

Garage
Here is the link to my thread with pictures. I have not cut holes for the vents yet but think I should. Normally the rear climate control is off.

https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum...rgo-liner.html
SciTchr and CatyDid like this.

among others:
1975 Plymouth Valiant
1989 Plymouth Voyager
2005 Chrysler T&C
as of 4/4/2018
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Red Velvet w/Advanced Safety and upgraded audio
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Does anyone know if there is a rubber floor liner that goes the whole length of the van from back of front row seats to the back of the van when all the seats are folded ? Asking because this will be my work vehicle ( satellite sale and installation and Ill be sliding my ladder and equipment in and out of it )
If you are sliding stuff in and out frequently, a mat may bunch up and become quite annoying. You might consider a sheet of plywood. Also, with a sheet of plywood, you can attach blocks of wood, brackets. etc. to help organize the contents and prevent items from shifting around.
Bond007 and Longtimemopar like this.

2017 Pacifica Limited (built May 2016)
Vacuum delete, KeySense and Tow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page