Easy tilt seat pull handle stuck - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By hawkfan

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Easy tilt seat pull handle stuck

I have a 2017 gas-model Chrysler Pacifica. The second row seats are the easy tilt model. They have a pull handle on the back of the shoulder area that is supposed to allow the seat to release and tilt forward for easy access to the back seat. On the passenger side, the pull handle is completely stuck. I can pull on the handle, and it doesn't move forward at all. (It worked fine for several months, but not now). If I pull on it any harder, I feel like it will break. It's like the cable is caught, but I have no idea where to start looking to assess the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 09:06 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmviola View Post
I have a 2017 gas-model Chrysler Pacifica. The second row seats are the easy tilt model. They have a pull handle on the back of the shoulder area that is supposed to allow the seat to release and tilt forward for easy access to the back seat. On the passenger side, the pull handle is completely stuck. I can pull on the handle, and it doesn't move forward at all. (It worked fine for several months, but not now). If I pull on it any harder, I feel like it will break. It's like the cable is caught, but I have no idea where to start looking to assess the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
If your Pacifica is still under warranty, take it to the dealership. I know its time consuming, but I don't remember seeing that problem coming up on the Forum before. Maybe another member can come up with some diagrams.

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 09:33 AM

Check the bottom front outside corner where it hinges to the floor. The release cable is attached via a plastic cap which can break. Same thing happened to me and I was able to re-secure it temporarily until I can get around to getting into the dealer for a more permanent fix. Wish I had a picture to show you but the attached gives you an idea of where to look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SeatHinge.jpg (36.8 KB, 24 views)
Longtimemopar likes this.

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 05:35 PM

I had the strap on the 2nd row passenger seat that wouldn't release the seat all the way for it to fold into the floor.

You had to slap the seat back with your hand hard several times for it to completely collapse.

A quick trip to the dealer when they did one of the recalls and it works like new.....

I have the best dealer for service.... Myrtle Beach Chrysler Jeep.

2017 Pacifica Limited Granite Crystal Metallic, Black Alloy, Safety TEC, Uconnect Theater, 20" wheels. 8 passenger seating, purchased April 2017 dealer inventory.

Tags
easy tilt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page