Seat color - black/alloy, ventilated or not? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By FlPacifica
  • 1 Post By shawnee
  • 2 Post By Waldo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Seat color - black/alloy, ventilated or not?

Hi,

I'm in the process of shopping for my Pacifica - leaning towards the Limited, but also considering a Touring L Plus that has a sunroof.

We live in Minnesota today, but plan on retiring to a warmer climate this year or next. When in Florida on a trip I happened to rent a Pacifica Limited with the alloy seats, and really liked it. I thought the seats kept the car from getting quite so hot, although it might've been the ventilation.

We don't have anything with leather seats today, so I thought I'd ask for opinions. If you have the black seats, what's it like in the summer?

And will I really regret not having the Limited's ventilated seats in the summer if I get them in black?

Thanks, Chuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 10:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryWise View Post
Hi,

I'm in the process of shopping for my Pacifica - leaning towards the Limited, but also considering a Touring L Plus that has a sunroof.

We live in Minnesota today, but plan on retiring to a warmer climate this year or next. When in Florida on a trip I happened to rent a Pacifica Limited with the alloy seats, and really liked it. I thought the seats kept the car from getting quite so hot, although it might've been the ventilation.

We don't have anything with leather seats today, so I thought I'd ask for opinions. If you have the black seats, what's it like in the summer?

And will I really regret not having the Limited's ventilated seats in the summer if I get them in black?

Thanks, Chuck
For me at least, living here in FL, black interiors are a big "No-NO" (personally don't like how they look either) I have a limited with the Alloy Napa and Love my interior. Even had to use the heated seat a little lately ! Window tint or heat film is another must here in the Summer.

Bond007 likes this.

2017 Bright white Limited
Black/alloy, advanced safety pack,
U-connect theater. Tri-pane roof. Verde Invictus 22"
Quite a few custom modifications and lots more to come .

Last edited by FlPacifica; 01-22-2019 at 10:32 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 11:24 PM

Love my alloy interior even though I donít live in the sunny states. It gives a nice airy and open feel to the interior. If you are trying to move to Florida do you really need a large pano sunroof...? Only you can answer that. Need to tint them too as suggested earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 08:42 AM

Not seat related but if you park in a garage with a single wide door, you will want the power folding mirrors that come on the Limited.
Bond007 likes this.

2017 Pacifica Limited (built May 2016)
Vacuum delete, KeySense and Tow
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 09:56 AM

We spend a couple of months in Florida every year. I agree with the above suggestions that you will not want a dark interior. Our Limited with the alloy interior was perfect there last year. Our sunroof and lack of window tint didn't bother us, but we don't live there during the hot summer.

Exterior color is also important. The lighter colors are much cooler in the hot sun. A dark red Honda parked near our Billet Silver was painful to touch, while I could easily rest my hand on the Pacifica. Your A/C will have less work to do.

PS. My avatar picture is taken in the hot sun last year at our cottage on the Gulf Coast!
rlu1338 and DoninDel like this.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 10:57 AM

I have the black interior and have zero issue with heat on the seats. My preference was black due to the dirt showing on the seats due to the daily use. A easy solution would be to tint the windows and save the interior from fading and working the ac . Have you looked at the brown interior, a tint and front window sunshade would remedy all problems.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANADAHYBRIDGUY View Post
I have the black interior and have zero issue with heat on the seats. My preference was black due to the dirt showing on the seats due to the daily use. A easy solution would be to tint the windows and save the interior from fading and working the ac . Have you looked at the brown interior, a tint and front window sunshade would remedy all problems.
I'd probably have zero issues with black seats if I lived in the GTA. However the OP said he is moving to Florida, and our advice was based on that. We've made several friends from Ontario during out stays in Florida. I see more Ontario "Yours to Discover" license plates down there than any single US state! I hope you're bringing your Pachy down! Those black seats will help you thaw out your posterior!

PS. to the OP. Ventilated alloy seats are wonderful. Get the Limited!

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant

Last edited by Waldo; 01-23-2019 at 11:49 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 10:32 PM

My black seats are beautiful. It was 9 below the other day. The one time I was in Florida in 2002 it rained day after day after day, all night for two weeks. Never saw so much rain. Never went back.....
The other posters have the right idea of the white in the Florida sun(when it shines).
Get the Limited. You will like the standard extras.

2018 Limited gas is already loaded. Ocean blue w/Black-Diesel Interior. Build date Friday the 13th, 4/18. Lifetime Warranty. Lots of extras.
2019 Ford F-150 XLT added to the garage on 3/5/2019. Many mods done since.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page