Recommendations for Cargo Mat - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By DoninDel

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Recommendations for Cargo Mat

My 2018 PacHy Limited came with the Interior Protection Package that includes the cargo area liner. Because I am frequently carrying a power wheelchair, my 3rd row seats are permanently stowed & I have a lift mechanism installed in the passenger rear corner of the cargo area to lift the chair (which weighs 212 pounds with nothing but the chair itself).

I've put down the cargo area liner, to both partially protect the stowed seats and also to just try to keep things cleaner and better maintained overall. However, the liner I can't say is "great" in that it doesn't stay put, it frequently slides around, bunches up, pulls back as I take the chair out, etc.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a cargo mat (or similar type thing, call it what you will) that would go from the back door of the vehicle (more or less) all the way to immediately behind the 2nd row of seats? It should (ideally) be the full width, so that as much as possible is protected. Obviously, I might have to fold it or cut it to accommodate the lift mechanism, but, I'm hoping to keep things as simple and as protected as possible.

Anything that anybody can suggest would be most appreciated!

Owner: 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Bright White, Tri Pane Panoramic Sunroof, Advanced SafetyTec Group
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 04:39 PM

Some ideas -
Get a sheet of masonite and cut it to size.
Look at a place like Office Max - they have rigid sheets of heavy plastic for roller chairs in offices.
Try a place like Lowes and look at vinyl carpet runner - you buy by foot and it has 'nubs' on one side so it doesn't slip.
Look at outdoor carpeting - low pile, shouldn't bunch up.

Some thoughts to toss around...
Van Go likes this.

2018 Touring L
Collapsible spare tire kit
WeatherTech window deflectors, floor mats, and cargo liner
State-issued Vietnam Veteran License plate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page