Glove Box Light Stays On - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Glove Box Light Stays On? The Fix!

Do you have a higher trim model with a glove box light? Is the glove box light staying on when the glove box door is closed? I too had that issue. It is caused by the light switch in the glove box not being depressed enough due to imprecise alignment and/or poor design. Save yourself the hassle of going to the dealer and fix it yourself. Buy a silicone or rubber cabinet door bumper pad from the hardware store, the kind with adhesive on the bottom. Pads need to be the thickness of a few pennies stacked together. Affix a bumper pad to the square flat indent in the upper right side of glove box door. Take care to visually align position so it contacts the post of the light switch. Problem solved!
irpilot, BrettP, PhillyDad and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Nails1; 11-03-2016 at 10:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 07:28 PM

Nicely done. Thanks for the tip.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nails1 View Post
Do you have a higher trim model with a glove box light? Is the glove box light staying on when the glove box door is closed? I too had that issue. It is caused by the light switch in the glove box not being depressed enough due to imprecise alignment and/or poor design. Save yourself the hassle of going to the dealer and fix it yourself. Buy a silicone or rubber cabinet door bumper pad from the hardware store, the kind with adhesive on the bottom. Pads need to be the thickness of a few pennies stacked together. Affix a bumper pad to the square flat indent in the upper right side of glove box door. Take care to visually align position so it contacts the post of the light switch. Problem solved!
I just noticed I have the same problem the other day and was thinking of using a similar tactic to solve the issue instead of going to the dealer. I haven't had time yet to look at the door in closer detail, did you look at the hinges or anything else to see if it could be adjusted? I'm prob going to just use the solution you mention above.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

How can you tell the light is on if the glove box is closed? Is it a bright enough light that it shines around the edges?

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 02:26 PM

At night you can see light shining out of the glove box onto the floor. However, I didn't notice until I sat in the passenger seat and noticed my legs had a light shining on it. I'll take a pic and post later tonight.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

PhillyDad. Exact same way I noticed the light on in mine. The switch plunger only needs a mm or two more travel to switch off. Maybe there is an adjustment to be made, but the bumper pad fix was so simple I just went that route.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 10:22 PM

generaltso, pic attached of the glove box light issue. Best I could get with iPhone 7+. Also took a photo of the solution. This is all I had in the house at the moment but, plan on running to the store to find something a little smaller and black to blend in. Worked great and the light is off.

Nails1, which trim level do you have? I have a Limited so I'm curious to see if the issue occurs across all models. For the cost of the vehicle, this shouldn't be an issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0577.jpg (148.6 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender (1).jpg (69.3 KB, 70 views)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Glove box lighting is only on Touring L+ and Limited trim levels. I'd attach a pic of my fix if I could figure out how.

Last edited by Nails1; 11-16-2016 at 12:03 AM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Attached is a photo of my fix. Note the round black rubber bumper I added in the recessed square area of the glove box door. Because of the material choice, it is also rattle free. These bumpers are normally used for cabinate doors and can be bought at hardware stores.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2161.jpg (123.9 KB, 51 views)
volt779 likes this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 06:58 PM

Garage
I am having this issue with my Touring L. I noticed the issue after we had our oil change and cabin filter change. We got the van used so we have only had it since Halloween. The dealership we used for the oil change and filter change told me to call them on Tuesday about an appointment. Hopefully it will be an easy fix... the guy looking at it said that he couldn't get the 3m tape to stick to the area...I think we might try to do this on our own.
CentralFla likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page