uconnect or to not - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

uconnect or to not

so i was thinking.....can the kids even reach the screens when they are siting in their car seats...my kids will be in recaro proride seats with 5 point harnesses, maybe the 9 yr old but i dont think the 6 yr old would be able to reach.

also, what exactly are the games pre loaded and will they be able to be updated down the road...im wondering if the kids would just get bored of it quickly...

any thoughts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 02:00 AM

There's a remote so you don't necessarily need to reach the screen.
That being said, I have it on my Touring-L plus only because you have to get it on the Touring-L plus. My kids are still in rear facing seats and we want to limit their screen time.
Also, we're planning on keeping the van 10+ years. How dated will the uconnect theater and a bluray player look then? It'll be like the cassette player in my 14 year old Passat.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

I wouldn't get Uconnect Theater for the games. There's been no indication that there will be any updates to add games or new functionality. My 12 and 14 year old boys have never even tried the games....no interest. My 2 year old is too young for the games, but it's perfect for playing movies for him on long trips. Is it worth the cost? That's up to you, but certainly not for the games.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

good to know, right now i havea 9, 6 and 4 yr old in the middle row of a 2006 yukon....we have a drop down dvd player which we rarely use, only for long trips or if they are cranky........finding nemo has been in there for 7 yrs now.

that all being said, should i drop down to the touring L, or move up to a limited....

we want red or blue which i seem to only find in limited, with 8 seat and advanced safety....things i want...but it doesnt come with theater.

i dont care for limited additional aesthetics, or the powered and super slow 3rd row....hence i was thinking of the TL+....but they are all white and silver or black....plus i want to stay around 35G.....lol
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubpower View Post
we want red or blue which i seem to only find in limited, with 8 seat and advanced safety....things i want...but it doesnt come with theater.
Have you considered ordering one exactly the way you want it? Special orders have only been taking around 5 weeks lately.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

it might be the next step, but isnt it harder to get discounts that way....most local dealers seem to internet advertise 4-5000 off msrp

i did email 20 dealers wtih my specifics and barely got any replies.... yr ago i did the same for my fathers merc s550, told them exact car i wanted at the price i wanted (92grand on a 107 sticker) 3 of them emailed back and said ok, no questions asked....i was like wow how it so easy
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubpower View Post
it might be the next step, but isnt it harder to get discounts that way.
Not necessarily, but depends on the dealer.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 07:07 PM

The Uconnect theater does come with two blu tooth remotes that your kids that can't reach the screens can use. My kids are 9 and 6 and they are able to use the remote to play games and they like to play them mostly on longer trips. The 9 year old can reach the screen it self.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page