Add center seat to a 7 passenger - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

Add center seat to a 7 passenger

Anyone know if it's possible to add a center seat to a van that was built as 7 passenger? Even if I can get a seatbelt for it, it would be nice to have to put a LATCH car seat into or use as a console for the existing seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 12:53 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhi View Post
Anyone know if it's possible to add a center seat to a van that was built as 7 passenger? Even if I can get a seatbelt for it, it would be nice to have to put a LATCH car seat into or use as a console for the existing seats.
Just use tie downs for the latch seat...

JUST KIDDING!

I have to get the 8 passenger because we "may" have another child on the way... in a few years that is. BUT as far as I know, no it is not legal to do so. Has to be installed by the OEM... lawsuits I would imagine.

Father of thing 1, thing 2, thing 3, thing 4 is getting a minivan.
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus with Tow, Advance Safety, 8 passenger, Tire/wheel, and Nav.
*Ordered 1FEB and delivered 20MAR2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 05:50 AM

I just want the 3rd seat to mount so that we can have it for the kids when we go camping. We do a lot of excursions with our van's and the two kiddos love laying out when we reach our destination. The 3rd seat would make things so much simpler for this process, but because of the current gap, we're left with having to build some sort of stump that can be used in the middle for these trips.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 08:06 AM

No, you can't. I went through this when I was ordering my Pacifica Limited, I wanted the mid seat but you can't have it and the sunroof cause of the upper tether. I thought that is dumb, but then I looked at it and the Pacifica head honcho of the project at Chrysler told me that the floor anchors are not built into the floor unless the van came with the 8th seat option. So, even it you got that 8th seat, you would need to do some welding to the floor to add the 4 seat anchors.
I go back and fourth with it as I love the sunroof, but I might have been ok with out the sunroof so I could have the 8 passenger seat option.

Damon
1985 Dodge Caravan LE cream w/wood
1985 Dodge Caravan LE mink brown w/wood
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited in Tusk White
several other cars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Unfortunately, if you want the 8th seat, you'll have to buy it that way.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damoncaravanman View Post
No, you can't. I went through this when I was ordering my Pacifica Limited, I wanted the mid seat but you can't have it and the sunroof cause of the upper tether. I thought that is dumb, but then I looked at it and the Pacifica head honcho of the project at Chrysler told me that the floor anchors are not built into the floor unless the van came with the 8th seat option. So, even it you got that 8th seat, you would need to do some welding to the floor to add the 4 seat anchors.
I go back and fourth with it as I love the sunroof, but I might have been ok with out the sunroof so I could have the 8 passenger seat option.
All the more reason to have the seat belt attached to the seat, vice the roof.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 07:06 PM

The 8th legal jump seat from CSO Radio can be added to the OEM bolts without any drilling.
pachyderm likes this.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelguy View Post
The 8th legal jump seat from CSO Radio can be added to the OEM bolts without any drilling.
Eh huh?

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelguy View Post
I thought about laughing at your post but figured I might first hear what that **** you are talking about. Can you explain a bit please. Thanks.

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 11:32 AM

Did a google search on this and found this page.

Adding an 8th seat to the 2nd row of your Minivan

I think this is what he is talking about.
Longtimemopar likes this.

TomR00

-------------------------------------
2017 Pacifica Touring
Billit Metallic Silver
Build: 5/16

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page