Uconnect Max File Size for Video Files - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Thunder View Post
I had similar issues with the naming of files for the UConnect display. I realized (at least in my case) that it had to do with the metadata associated with the file. As in, I could name the file whatever I want, but the title that was in the metadata was the one being displayed on UConnect. In the case of some files where there was no title in the metadata, it showed up as "title 01" or "Chapter 1." Once I edited the metadata, everything showed up exactly like I wanted on the UConnect movie selection window.
Had the same problem and ended up with a bunch of "Chapter 1"'s showing up on UConnect. I used the free Subler app on Mac OSX to fix up the metadata. Worked great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-15-2016, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1138 View Post
Had the same problem and ended up with a bunch of "Chapter 1"'s showing up on UConnect. I used the free Subler app on Mac OSX to fix up the metadata. Worked great.
I'm on Windows 10, so I used MKVToolNIX. Pretty useful tool.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED BRILLIANT BLACK CRYSTAL PEARL, BLACK/ALLOY, ADVANCED SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER & SOUND, TIRE & WHEEL GROUP
post #23 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-15-2016, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

No special program is required to change metadata on windows computers. All you have to do is right click the file, open properties go to details and change the "title" under description. That will change the metadata. Hope that helps.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.

post #24 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-15-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpilot View Post
No special program is required to change metadata on windows computers. All you have to do is right click the file, open properties go to details and change the "title" under description. That will change the metadata. Hope that helps.
Is that for mkv and mp4? I haven't tried using mp4, but on any of my mkv I was unable to edit any information under description.

I am willing to concede that it was operator error on my part. I'll check it out again when I get home tonight.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED BRILLIANT BLACK CRYSTAL PEARL, BLACK/ALLOY, ADVANCED SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER & SOUND, TIRE & WHEEL GROUP
post #25 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-15-2016, 04:21 PM

Just tried editing metadata on the mkv and was unable to do it from description. Converted an mp4 and WAS able to edit metadata from the description.

So--at least in my experience and in my operating environment--with mkv, you DO need a program like the one I mentioned to edit metadata after initial conversion.

Last edited by irpilot; 10-16-2016 at 01:35 PM.
post #26 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Thunder View Post
Just tried editing metadata on the mkv and was unable to do it from description. Converted an mp4 and WAS able to edit metadata from the description.

So--at least in my experience and in my operating environment--with mkv, you DO need a program like the one I mentioned to edit metadata after initial conversion.
That makes sense since mkv is only a container. I only tried it after converting to mp4. Thanks for the information.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.

Last edited by irpilot; 10-16-2016 at 01:43 PM.
post #27 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Do videos on USB have to have a screen width of exactly 1200 to be readable by Uconnect or do they just have to be no more than 1200? For example, if I'm converting something that's already SD (640x480), will it work or do I need to adjust the screen width to 1200?

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
post #28 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 10:26 AM

I believe that should be fine as many of the videos I've converted from standard DVDs using Handbrake are less than that, and they all work fine.

- 2017 Pacifica Touring-L Plus - Jazz Blue, Advanced SafetyTec, Uconnect 8.4N, KeySense
- Ordered 5/31/16, Current status: KZL as of 6/28/16, Arrived at dealer 7/6/16, Purchased 7/11/16
post #29 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Cool, then I should be able to rip kids shows right off the TiVo since they're already all in SD. Thanks!

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
post #30 of 128 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 01:22 PM

USB Drive for Uconnect Theater

I am having a very hard time getting any thumb drives to work with my Uconnect theater. I'd like to be able to play videos for my kids on the seatback screens from the USB, but none that I have tried have worked.

Could anyone who has had success please post what hardware you're using? Brand/Model/Size/Formatting would be great to know, if you could tell me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page