, Thanks for the quick update. I've been pretty obsessed with this topic and have made some recent inquiries:
1) Two days ago I contacted NavRepair (David, very nice) and inquired about the availability of the software updates on units purchased from Infotainment. He stated they have acquired the 2nd to most recent update (21.9?? - which doesn't make sense, but that's what he stated) and are working to get the latest. So I know the ability is out there to fix your radio preset/icon/contacts re-downloading bugs, assuming the version they've acquired is more recent than the one your radio came with (18.17.1e right?). It might be worth a shot to call him and see if they would share, even for a fee.
2) Today, I got my van serviced at the local dealership and hypothetically asked my service rep about putting an '18 UAV into a 2017. He spoke with the shop foreman and the parts guy and they actually tried to see if they could order a brand new one. They could not even see it in their system because my 2017 VIN was entered. However, they stated if I was somehow able to obtain a brand new MOPAR radio, they could could probably flash it to my VIN with their proprietary equipment. They didn't guaranty it would work, but the important point is that they were willing to try! They also stated they would do they same if I happened to get one from a junked 2018. So all is not lost when it comes to dealer assistance. As with anything, it's all about the people you deal with at the dealership. My dealer is a pretty small one and I have a good rapport with my service guy.
Lastly, a few follow-up questions after re-reading all of these posts re: your project:
A) You stated in a previous post that you were able to activate Sirius Guardian services from your radio. Being unfamiliar with SXM Guardian myself, does this allow you to remotely lock/unlock, view odometer/oil% etc like Uconnect app does in the 2017? I do currently have Uconnect service for another 9 months...would this have been helpful to you at all in your install process/troubleshooting...does an existing Uconnect subscription work with SXM Guardian? (I doubt it, but figured I would ask just in case)
B) Since you went the junk yard route, I know you said you only procured:
1. a processor/receiver/head unit (model #68351931AH)
2. the 4C UAV radio itself w/ GPS/NAV/SXM (model# 68316174AB)
3. and the FAKRA HSD B cable you linked to previously
Were you able to reuse your 2017 stock bezel or did the radio come attached to another? (I'm wondering if I can reuse my 2017 bezel instead of having to purchase another) I know this is a lot, but I'm very appreciative of your input since you and 3 others have taken the plunge with varying results/success. (
please feel free to chime in). I'm just trying to tie all of this together for my project and probably a few other 2017 owners wishing to do the same upgrade sometime in the future. Thanks again!