Multiple Uconnect Updates - Page 17 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #161 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmj View Post
Not absolutely sure, but I think you'd be able to get the files, at least, by entering a 2018 VIN...doesn't have to be your VIN, as I found out when I tried getting stuff with a VIN that didn't actually belong to my car.

That said, I don't know whether the software would actually update as it might sense the conflict between software for a 2018 vehicle being installed in a 2017.

All you need to test it is an appropriate 2018 VIN - I'd give you mine, but I've got a 2017.

Dave
That will work for the Video Routing module (VRM) under the passenger seat, but will not work for the main UConnect system. Updates for the main system for 2018s and later are distributed only over the air or through a dealer, they never show up on driveuconnect.com. What we need is somebody with inside access who can get the files.
irpilot likes this.

2018 Molten Silver Pacifica Hybrid Limited purchased Nov 30, 2017.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmj View Post
Not absolutely sure, but I think you'd be able to get the files, at least, by entering a 2018 VIN...doesn't have to be your VIN, as I found out when I tried getting stuff with a VIN that didn't actually belong to my car.

That said, I don't know whether the software would actually update as it might sense the conflict between software for a 2018 vehicle being installed in a 2017.

All you need to test it is an appropriate 2018 VIN - I'd give you mine, but I've got a 2017.

Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBean View Post
That will work for the Video Routing module (VRM) under the passenger seat, but will not work for the main UConnect system. Updates for the main system for 2018s and later are distributed only over the air or through a dealer, they never show up on driveuconnect.com. What we need is somebody with inside access who can get the files.
@AZBean is 100% correct. I was able to get Uconnect services to work. I forced the 3G connector into the 4G plug in the back of the 2018 Uconnect processor while I had the F76 fuse pulled. Reset the fuse and after about 3 minutes all the Uconnect services reappeared. Decided to try to activate my subscription and it actually connected the call. I was able to activate Sirius/Guardian services and opened an account. Then I went to wifi hotspot and turned it on, connected my phone to it and it transmitted data. Even showed a 4G symbol which is odd. Now I'm hoping I'll get the over the air update in a few days since everything is working properly. So all in all I'm thinking I now have a 100% functional 2018 Uconnect system in my 2017 Pacifica. I'll keep you guys posted if I get an over the air update. Hopefully it does show up and it doesn't take long.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181205_142621.jpg (200.5 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181205_142614.jpg (189.1 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181205_141825.jpg (214.0 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181205_141101.jpg (208.8 KB, 78 views)
smity84, AZBean and 6Gen like this.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.
post #163 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 02:55 PM

Updating mine tonight!
irpilot likes this.

post #164 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 08:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpilot View Post
@AZBean is 100% correct. I was able to get Uconnect services to work. I forced the 3G connector into the 4G plug in the back of the 2018 Uconnect processor while I had the F76 fuse pulled. Reset the fuse and after about 3 minutes all the Uconnect services reappeared. Decided to try to activate my subscription and it actually connected the call. I was able to activate Sirius/Guardian services and opened an account. Then I went to wifi hotspot and turned it on, connected my phone to it and it transmitted data. Even showed a 4G symbol which is odd. Now I'm hoping I'll get the over the air update in a few days since everything is working properly. So all in all I'm thinking I now have a 100% functional 2018 Uconnect system in my 2017 Pacifica. I'll keep you guys posted if I get an over the air update. Hopefully it does show up and it doesn't take long.
@irpilot which is the 4G plug on the 2018 processor, and is the orange connector on the 2017 the 3G connector? I am just catching up on the other thread where you walked through replacing the screen and receiver. Finally, while I use a LTE hotspot powered via the OBD port, i assume making this data connection is important if OTA updates ever work with the swapped units at some point?

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
2014 T&C Touring - Sold
2004 T&C Touring
post #165 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradewindsx View Post
@irpilot which is the 4G plug on the 2018 processor, and is the orange connector on the 2017 the 3G connector? I am just catching up on the other thread where you walked through replacing the screen and receiver. Finally, while I use a LTE hotspot powered via the OBD port, i assume making this data connection is important if OTA updates ever work with the swapped units at some point?
Another person that did the swap did not connect the plug and had the same result with the LTE connection still working so I'm not sure that orange plug made a difference. I do know that I have never received an OTA update so the issue with the favorite presets resetting is still there.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.
post #166 of 175 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 02:07 PM

@irpilot , any update over the last 6 weeks on your situation? I've followed both threads where you essentially got a 2018 UAV almost fully functional in your 2017 Pacifica, less the OTA updates. Any luck with that or getting a dealer to help you out? I so hope this works out for you (and eventually for me!). After all, it is a Chrysler product in your vehicle to give what was originally promised in their early marketing. Thanks for any feedback (and for all of your posts to date).
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
2017 PACIFICA HYBRID GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 18" WHEELS, PANORAMIC SUNROOF. DELIVERED 08/22/17.
post #167 of 175 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gslider69 View Post
@irpilot , any update over the last 6 weeks on your situation? I've followed both threads where you essentially got a 2018 UAV almost fully functional in your 2017 Pacifica, less the OTA updates. Any luck with that or getting a dealer to help you out? I so hope this works out for you (and eventually for me!). After all, it is a Chrysler product in your vehicle to give what was originally promised in their early marketing. Thanks for any feedback (and for all of your posts to date).
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
2017 PACIFICA HYBRID GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 18" WHEELS, PANORAMIC SUNROOF. DELIVERED 08/22/17.
Hey @gslider69 . No new developments on my end. Haven't been to the dealer yet since the van has been running well. To be honest I doubt a tech would update a system that wasn't originally installed on the vehicle. So the same issues with the icons resetting randomly still exists. I don't listen to the radio and use Android Auto exclusively but if I didn't it would probably get pretty annoying to have to re-save the presets.

post #168 of 175 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpilot View Post
Hey @gslider69 . No new developments on my end. Haven't been to the dealer yet since the van has been running well. To be honest I doubt a tech would update a system that wasn't originally installed on the vehicle. So the same issues with the icons resetting randomly still exists. I don't listen to the radio and use Android Auto exclusively but if I didn't it would probably get pretty annoying to have to re-save the presets.
@irpilot , Thanks for the quick update. I've been pretty obsessed with this topic and have made some recent inquiries:

1) Two days ago I contacted NavRepair (David, very nice) and inquired about the availability of the software updates on units purchased from Infotainment. He stated they have acquired the 2nd to most recent update (21.9?? - which doesn't make sense, but that's what he stated) and are working to get the latest. So I know the ability is out there to fix your radio preset/icon/contacts re-downloading bugs, assuming the version they've acquired is more recent than the one your radio came with (18.17.1e right?). It might be worth a shot to call him and see if they would share, even for a fee.

2) Today, I got my van serviced at the local dealership and hypothetically asked my service rep about putting an '18 UAV into a 2017. He spoke with the shop foreman and the parts guy and they actually tried to see if they could order a brand new one. They could not even see it in their system because my 2017 VIN was entered. However, they stated if I was somehow able to obtain a brand new MOPAR radio, they could could probably flash it to my VIN with their proprietary equipment. They didn't guaranty it would work, but the important point is that they were willing to try! They also stated they would do they same if I happened to get one from a junked 2018. So all is not lost when it comes to dealer assistance. As with anything, it's all about the people you deal with at the dealership. My dealer is a pretty small one and I have a good rapport with my service guy.

Lastly, a few follow-up questions after re-reading all of these posts re: your project:

A) You stated in a previous post that you were able to activate Sirius Guardian services from your radio. Being unfamiliar with SXM Guardian myself, does this allow you to remotely lock/unlock, view odometer/oil% etc like Uconnect app does in the 2017? I do currently have Uconnect service for another 9 months...would this have been helpful to you at all in your install process/troubleshooting...does an existing Uconnect subscription work with SXM Guardian? (I doubt it, but figured I would ask just in case)

B) Since you went the junk yard route, I know you said you only procured:
1. a processor/receiver/head unit (model #68351931AH)
2. the 4C UAV radio itself w/ GPS/NAV/SXM (model# 68316174AB)
3. and the FAKRA HSD B cable you linked to previously

Were you able to reuse your 2017 stock bezel or did the radio come attached to another? (I'm wondering if I can reuse my 2017 bezel instead of having to purchase another) I know this is a lot, but I'm very appreciative of your input since you and 3 others have taken the plunge with varying results/success. ( @sethmeisterg , @smity84 , @netaddict please feel free to chime in). I'm just trying to tie all of this together for my project and probably a few other 2017 owners wishing to do the same upgrade sometime in the future. Thanks again!
edinbors likes this.

Last edited by gslider69; 05-02-2019 at 09:05 PM.
post #169 of 175 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gslider69 View Post
@irpilot , Thanks for the quick update. I've been pretty obsessed with this topic and have made some recent inquiries:

1) Two days ago I contacted NavRepair (David, very nice) and inquired about the availability of the software updates on units purchased from Infotainment. He stated they have acquired the 2nd to most recent update (21.9?? - which doesn't make sense, but that's what he stated) and are working to get the latest. So I know the ability is out there to fix your radio preset/icon/contacts re-downloading bugs, assuming the version they've acquired is more recent than the one your radio came with (18.17.1e right?). It might be worth a shot to call him and see if they would share, even for a fee.

2) Today, I got my van serviced at the local dealership and hypothetically asked my service rep about putting an '18 UAV into a 2017. He spoke with the shop foreman and the parts guy and they actually tried to see if they could order a brand new one. They could not even see it in their system because my 2017 VIN was entered. However, they stated if I was somehow able to obtain a brand new MOPAR radio, they could could probably flash it to my VIN with their proprietary equipment. They didn't guaranty it would work, but the important point is that they were willing to try! They also stated they would do they same if I happened to get one from a junked 2018. So all is not lost when it comes to dealer assistance. As with anything, it's all about the people you deal with at the dealership. My dealer is a pretty small one and I have a good rapport with my service guy.

Lastly, a few follow-up questions after re-reading all of these posts re: your project:

A) You stated in a previous post that you were able to activate Sirius Guardian services from your radio. Being unfamiliar with SXM Guardian myself, does this allow you to remotely lock/unlock, view odometer/oil% etc like Uconnect app does in the 2017? I do currently have Uconnect service for another 9 months...would this have been helpful to you at all in your install process/troubleshooting...does an existing Uconnect subscription work with SXM Guardian? (I doubt it, but figured I would ask just in case)

B) Since you went the junk yard route, I know you said you only procured:
1. a processor/receiver/head unit (model #68351931AH)
2. the 4C UAV radio itself w/ GPS/NAV/SXM (model# 68316174AB)
3. and the FAKRA HSD B cable you linked to previously

Were you able to reuse your 2017 stock bezel or did the radio come attached to another? (I'm wondering if I can reuse my 2017 bezel instead of having to purchase another) I know this is a lot, but I'm very appreciative of your input since you and 3 others have taken the plunge with varying results/success. ( @sethmeisterg , @smity84 , @netaddict please feel free to chime in). I'm just trying to tie all of this together for my project and probably a few other 2017 owners wishing to do the same upgrade sometime in the future. Thanks again!
@gslider69 . Mine came with a bezel but it's the exact same as the 2017 so it's definitely reusable. It takes 4 screws to remove the display from the bezel. Thanks for the info for the infotainment route. I'll definitely give it a shot. I guess it doesn't bother me as much since I primarily use Android auto. In regards to guardian services, it did link up to my account and I was able to login bit since the radio was still attached to the original Pacifica Vin the requests to do anything would just time out. It would not do anything for my Pacifica since the vin's didn't match. Also, the uconnect that I received from the junk yard was pulled from a hybrid so I'm sure that complicates matters even more. Feel free to ask anything else that you can think of. That's the purpose of these forums...to help each other out. ��

post #170 of 175 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 08:07 PM

I just added this post to the other thread:

Small Update (I have a unit that I bought from infotainment.com)

My dealer was unable to update the software when I took it in for service. They actually told me that no update was available. I'm sure they looked up my VIN and were still thinking it was the old radio, even though I told them I upgraded it.

I have been going back and forth with infotainment and navrepair. Just this week they told me that they have a software update that they can send me (21.9). I received a USB drive with the software today and when I inserted it, I got an error that it was incompatible with the vehicle. I emailed infotainment and will let you know what I hear. Any ideas on what the update file is looking for that it's saying it's not compatible with the vehicle?

For now, I'm still dealing with bluetooth issues on my unit :-(
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0214.jpg (233.8 KB, 32 views)

2017 PacHy - Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat w/sunroof

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page