Auto door lock defeat - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apnar View Post
The car is just forcing you into better habits . Same thing with lane assist forcing me to start using my turn signal more when switching lanes. The car thinks you should be in park any time someone is entering the car, and itís not a bad habit to pick up.

So I was wrong, I thought putting it in park was enough to trigger the Auto Unlock but it isnít. I must just always be the first to open my door which unlocks the doors for others. I can see how this would be annoying any time youíre dropping someone off or picking someone up.

2018 Pacifica Limited (gas) - Oct. 2017 build
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apnar View Post
So I was wrong, I thought putting it in park was enough to trigger the Auto Unlock but it isnít. I must just always be the first to open my door which unlocks the doors for others. I can see how this would be annoying any time youíre dropping someone off or picking someone up.
The Unlock Doors Automatically On Exit feature unlocks all of the vehicle doors when any door is opened. This will occur only after the gear selector has been placed into the PARK position, after the vehicle has been driven (the gear selector has been placed out of PARK and all doors closed).

The Unlock Doors Automatically On Exit feature will not operate if there is any manual operation of the door locks (lock or unlock).
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seo68 View Post
I am not a fan of the auto door lock feature. The feature to which I'm referring is the one that, when enabled, will automatically lock the door locks when the vehicle's speed exceeds 12 mph.

The owner's manual says:
"The auto door lock feature can be enabled or disabled by your authorized dealer per written request of the customer. Please see your authorized dealer for service."

Has anyone tried to get the dealer to make that adjustment? If so, what kind of "written request" did you need to provide? I am happy that there is an option to defeat this feature, I am only mildly annoyed that FCA feels I can't be trusted with the authority to exercise it. Now that I know about it, I will have the dealer take care of it whenever I (eventually) pick up my PacHy.
This is interesting. On my Limited, built in March 2016, I have the option to disable the auto door lock directly from the uconnect settings. I disabled the auto door lock because the only option to auto unlock was to open the driver's door. If there was an option to auto unlock when the van was put in park (such as on my Odyssey) I would have kept the auto door lock activated.
kentfield1951 and seo68 like this.

2017 Pacifica Limited (built May 2016)
Vacuum delete, KeySense and Tow

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

That is good to know. I don't actually have my PacHy yet, I am only going from what I read in the owner's manual. Perhaps I'm getting all steamed up for no good reason. My wife says I do that all the time...

2018 Bright White Pacifica Hybrid Limited
Ordered: 15 SEP 2017
VIN: 19 SEP 2017
D1: 19 SEP 2017
Build sheet: 25 SEP 2017
JS: 28 SEP 2017
SL: 28 OCT 2017
KZ: 29 OCT 2017
Sticker: 30 OCT 2017
Dealer: 21 NOV 2017
Possession: 28 NOV 2017
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
That is good to know. I don't actually have my PacHy yet, I am only going from what I read in the owner's manual. Perhaps I'm getting all steamed up for no good reason. My wife says I do that all the time...
seo68, sorry but I would not count on it. An old version of the owner's manual shows the settings option for turning off the auto lock. The latest version does not. Not sure why they changed. Maybe it took a while for the lawyers to read the manual. In any event, disabling the auto lock is something you can have the dealer do when taking delivery.

2017 Pacifica Limited (built May 2016)
Vacuum delete, KeySense and Tow
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Bummer, but thanks for the information. I guess I'll go back to ranting and raving. My wife will be so happy...

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Bummer, but thanks for the information. I guess I'll go back to ranting and raving. My wife will be so happy...
There is another thread "Auto Door Locks" about auto door locks from last year if you are interested. It appears that vehicles manufactured after 9/2016 or so don't allow the owner to change the feature where doors lock automatically at about 15-20 mph using UConnect. Just have the dealer disable it when you pick up your van if you don't want that feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
This problem has been resolved. My dealer disabled the auto door locks and didn't charge me. It's MUCH better now!

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I just recently found that thread myself. I will definitely address this with the dealer when I pick up the van.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 11:55 AM

Wish I had found this thread before I picked up my PacHy. When I bought it, the salesman told me I could shut it off with the U-connect settings. Now I will have to wait until my 1st oil change.

As noted, this so-called feature is very annoying if you drop off and pick up people a lot, something we do and I would immagine lots of Soccer Moms do all the time.

One thing I have noticed is that when you're dropping off kids, if your kids use the upper (by the sunroof) button to open the sliding door to get out, it will actually open the door. But your kids need long arms. And you need to open the doors for the kids with this switch since they can't open if from the outside. Unfortunately, the handy lower switch by the door frame doesn't work. How ironic - one engineer designs a useful switch (I noticed it while looking at the minivan as a much better idea than my Odyssey) and then someone else disables its usefulness by this auto-locking "feature". Combined with the ill-thought-out PRNDL selector that does not convey the setting by it's position like a lever does and you really feel like this is a make-work project picking up kids.

Hey Chrysler - put this option back under the U-connect settings so we can change it ourselves!

Tim
2018 Pacifica Hybrid
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturkstra View Post
One thing I have noticed is that when you're dropping off kids, if your kids use the upper (by the sunroof) button to open the sliding door to get out, it will actually open the door. But your kids need long arms. And you need to open the doors for the kids with this switch since they can't open if from the outside. Unfortunately, the handy lower switch by the door frame doesn't work. How ironic - one engineer designs a useful switch (I noticed it while looking at the minivan as a much better idea than my Odyssey) and then someone else disables its usefulness by this auto-locking "feature". Combined with the ill-thought-out PRNDL selector that does not convey the setting by it's position like a lever does and you really feel like this is a make-work project picking up kids.
I don't have a hybrid or sunroof, but could it be possible that the power door switch is turned off (blue light on, in the front, by the rear view mirror)? The middle tab between the power door buttons turns the power on/off to the sliding door lower switches. The pillar power door buttons should work even with the auto lock feature enabled.

Another thing to check in the UConnect menu under settings, doors:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue003 View Post
The Unlock Doors Automatically On Exit feature unlocks all of the vehicle doors when any door is opened. This will occur only after the gear selector has been placed into the PARK position, after the vehicle has been driven (the gear selector has been placed out of PARK and all doors closed).
Bond007 and seo68 like this.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Last edited by SciTchr; 02-19-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in