Video and Nav in Motion defeat tested and verified working - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 10:37 AM

Prior to reaching the first year mark and losing some of the Uconnect "free" features, my wife could type in and send addresses from the passenger seat via her cellphone and the UConnect app. Nice feature but not for the price to continue.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadillacBob View Post
The pain in the butt part was splicing in two wires which had to be ran into the BCM under the passenger seat.
Hmm. Their website says it's plug and play. This sure doesn't sound like plug and play.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
post #23 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
Hmm. Their website says it's plug and play. This sure doesn't sound like plug and play.
I am guessing it has to be connected to the existing video on the back of the seats. I don't have them so I do not believe the part of the installation is required. I have installed 3 Coastaltech Lockpicks in the past and this procedure was not part of the installation procedure.

2015 T&C Limited
2012 T&C Limited
2009 Volks Routan (Chrysler)
2000 Chrysler 300M Special
1974 Cherokee Chief (Not Chrysler yet AMC)
1971 T&C
1965 Plymouth Sport Fury
1962 Plymouth Satellite

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadillacBob View Post
Today I received and installed my video in motion unit from Navicks.com and I have a bit of feedback on it:
CadillacBob, thanks for testing this out! I don't suppose you took any pictures along the way? I called Naviks to see if there's anywhere to download the directions to see how much is involved before purchasing, but they said no. The only way to see what's involved in the install is to purchase it.

post #25 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 01:54 PM

Garage
This is the the installation manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjk6rru35b...02018.pdf?dl=0
I have to say, it doesn't look elegant.
post #26 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stop-eject View Post
This is the the installation manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjk6rru35b...02018.pdf?dl=0
Thanks for that. Yeah, the section on splicing doesn't look elegant at all.

post #27 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stop-eject View Post
404 for me. Anyone have it repost I'd like to take a look?
post #28 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apnar View Post
404 for me. Anyone have it repost I'd like to take a look?
I am also getting the 404 error page.

2015 T&C Limited
2012 T&C Limited
2009 Volks Routan (Chrysler)
2000 Chrysler 300M Special
1974 Cherokee Chief (Not Chrysler yet AMC)
1971 T&C
1965 Plymouth Sport Fury
1962 Plymouth Satellite

post #29 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
If you are thinking of buying the Navicks unit. HOLD OFF FOR NOW!!

I first discovered a glitch wherby it disabled the Around View cam from being activated manually, but that was something I was willing to live with as it still worked in reverse. Over the weekend when actually using my nav for the first time since I installed it that while although the nav-in-motion input is defeated, that my nav itself actually stopped working!

Apparently whatever the unit uses to trick the van into thinking its stationary, also tells the Nav the same thing since no matter where you drive it doesn't show the van as moving on the nav screen rendering it useless.

Wish I noticed it when I first installed but candidly all I tested was the in-motion defeat, which it seems in retrospect has worked too well. I have emailed them twice for help and so far have gotten no response. My advise is DO NOT buy this unit until/unless this can be fixed!!
cape97 and mark like this.

More of my fun projects
post #30 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
CadillacBob, thanks for testing this out! I don't suppose you took any pictures along the way? I called Naviks to see if there's anywhere to download the directions to see how much is involved before purchasing, but they said no. The only way to see what's involved in the install is to purchase it.
Most of the install is very straight forward, you simply pop the screen panel out of the dash, remove 4 phillips screws to remove the radio unit behind it and plug in the unit in series with the radio itself. Takes less than 5 minutes and is pretty simple.

It comes with two wires about 6ft in length that you have to fish down through the dash, over to the passenger kick panel, under the passenger door sill trim and under the passenger seat. You can move the passenger seat all the way up and all the way forward to see the BCM unit mounted to the floor beneath it. You have to unplug the BCM, use a razor blade to cut back the insulation which is a PITA since the wires are very small and you have very little slack in the cable, and cut two small color coded wires running into it.

The wires running towards the truck you simply tape off, and the two running into the BCM you have to solder or butt connect the two wires from the Navicks unit into. Its really not that hard of a job, but you have cramped space, limited visibility, no slack in the harness and very tiny wires to cut and splice. You have to be careful when cutting and splicing in because there is very little room for mistakes. If you cut a wire too short by accident you will have a really bad day.

Just keep in mind that contrary to my first review I currently DO NOT reccomend using the Navicks unit as I have discovered that it renders your Nav inoperable and will post more when/if I hear from Navicks.
cape97 and stop-eject like this.

More of my fun projects

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page