Video and Nav in Motion defeat tested and verified working - Page 8 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
I ordered the $260 version, and can confirm it's as easy to install as you described. They do list the $310 combo option now, but I don't think that's the way to go since you would constantly have to be enabling and disabling it to get the Nav to work, which would also mean the video in motion is constantly getting enabled and disabled. The separate harness for Uconnect Theater is a better option since it's always active and never needs to be disabled. That coupled with the Enigma lockout from Customtronix may be the way to go to also get Nav input in motion.
I agree with your thoughts and just ordered the $260 version myself, excited to see it in action next week on our ~6 hour roadtrip
Do you have experience with the Enigma lockout? Any success with their product on the Pacifica?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VannaWhite View Post
Do you have experience with the Enigma lockout? Any success with their product on the Pacifica?
I havenít tried Customtronixís Enigma product. Iím running their RAX Jailbreaker software, but I donít think they ever officially started selling it because it has some bugs and they couldnít get their hands on a Pacifica in Sweden to get them all worked out.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
post #73 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VannaWhite View Post
I agree with your thoughts and just ordered the $260 version myself, excited to see it in action next week on our ~6 hour roadtrip
Just ordered it tonight through Ebay using their 15% off code. Came out to be 238. Been wanting the front screen to work with video while driving. Thanks for the tip guys

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Velvet Red

post #74 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 02:52 PM

Good review
post #75 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 07:33 PM

Ive had my Naviks video in motion for months now- works flawlessly!!

I use it a ton.
post #76 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 07:32 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepapagold View Post
Ive had my Naviks video in motion for months now- works flawlessly!!

I use it a ton.
No issues with it freezing the factory navigation ?

2017 Bright white Limited
Black/alloy, advanced safety pack,
U-connect theater. Tri-pane roof. Verde Invictus 22"
Quite a few custom modifications and lots more to come .
post #77 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 09:30 PM

Has anyone put the video bypass in the 2019 Hybrid. I put mine in today and seem to have a few random screen freeze quirks. That was with only about 10 minutes of testing. Have a trip from Montana to Arizona and back starting this weekend and can get a better feel for it.

I tried and tried to figure out how to get the panel off that covers the battery to no avail so took the risk and installed despite the instructions warning about possible airbag activation if battery is not disconnected.

I'll follow up with a better write up of the road trip experience.

2019 CHRYSLER PACIFICA HYBRID LIMITED
post #78 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 05:29 AM

Thank you for the review and glad to see Navik's solution is a good workaround and not too expansive compared to infotainment's head unit swap. Talked with Michael from Naviks.com and he told me they will come with a unit to add Android Auto/Carplay in 3-4 weeks. I wanted to install Uconnect Theater Motion Lockout Bypass, but i will wait for the new unit instead.
post #79 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 12:49 PM

just bought the 2018 - 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Uconnect 8.4" (4) (4C) Uconnect Theater Motion Lockout Bypass for our 2019, will report back once I get it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page