Video and Nav in Motion defeat tested and verified working - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Video and Nav in Motion defeat tested and verified working

Today I received and installed my video in motion unit from Navicks.com and I have a bit of feedback on it:

First of all, the good news is that it works. The unit I have is the video in motion/aux input unit which ran $289 (the video defeat only is like $80 cheaper)

The installation was a mixed bag, the unit itself is very similar to the Lockpick devices made by Coastal and it primarily is installed by plugging it in series with the radio controller mounted behind your UConnect screen. This was pretty fast and easy. The pain in the butt part was splicing in two wires which had to be ran into the BCM under the passenger seat. Routing the wires down through the trim panel wasnt hard, but even with the seat moved all the way forward and up it was pretty tight to get to the plug and was made worse by the very small wires with very little slack running to the connector.

Total installation took me about an hour and a half with only minimal cursing.

Here are my findings once installed:

The video in motion works perfectly. You can watch Blu Rays from the UConnect theater on both the rear and front 8.4 screen while in motion, which previously used to shut down the front screen when moving. The ability to manually enter addresses into the Nav which was also blocked when in motion, now works perfectly also.

I did NOT get a chance to test the auxiliary video in (to which you can connect another camera, video device or screen mirror your smart phone) but I plan to soon. Keep in mind that the auxiliary input is all RCA for both video and audio, so if you plan on using a smart phone for mirroring you will need the appropriate adapters to convert them to RCA. Naviks also sells a HDMI to RCA converter on their website and I plan on buying one to try.

One negative I will point out is that the 360 view camera can no longer be manually activated. It still turns on when entering into reverse, but trying to manually turn it on does nothing but brings up a blue screen. I reached out to the company to find out if this is a bug that can be fixed or not. Will post more once I hear back about the 360 cam or aux inputs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

More of my fun projects
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 06:56 PM

Thanks for the mini review! Do you have a 2017 or 2018?

2018 Pacifica Limited (gas) - Oct. 2017 build
post #3 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 08:01 PM

Hopefully they can fix the 360 camera piece. I was hoping there was a way to have the 360 camera working at any speed as well as the other goodies this kit provides.

post #4 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 08:17 PM

Garage
I don't know why they intentionally locking out the controls. It is not a requirement. I have an Acura and BMW, both work in motion.
seo68 likes this.
post #5 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by apnar View Post
Thanks for the mini review! Do you have a 2017 or 2018?
2017 Limited with 8.4, Nav, UConnect theater and HK.
cape97 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

More of my fun projects
post #6 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stop-eject View Post
I don't know why they intentionally locking out the controls. It is not a requirement. I have an Acura and BMW, both work in motion.
Agreed, is rather stupid IMO.

More of my fun projects
post #7 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 01:35 AM

Quote:
It is my experience that European brands never lock out the controls. They always allow you to use them.

American brands seem to ALWAYS lock out the controls. Fear of litigation?

The Japanese and Koreans seem to be a mix - some models (even varies within same Brand) will lock out and others will not lock out.

Frustrating - they should all allow full use IMO. That said, some Nanny States like CA would have you only be able to use them once you pulled into a parking lot and verified your were stopping in a safe place, under a light pole, with 3 police watching to make sure you were doing it safely - then "maybe" you could use it.
Hemidave, M.Stan-2018 and Fast55 like this.
post #8 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDEW View Post
American brands seem to ALWAYS lock out the controls. Fear of litigation?
I think there is little doubt of that. Also known as CYA.
FastDEW likes this.

2018 Bright White Pacifica Hybrid Limited
Ordered: 15 SEP 2017
VIN: 19 SEP 2017
D1: 19 SEP 2017
Build sheet: 25 SEP 2017
JS: 28 SEP 2017
SL: 28 OCT 2017
KZ: 29 OCT 2017
Sticker: 30 OCT 2017
Dealer: 21 NOV 2017
Possession: 28 NOV 2017
post #9 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Unless you code it, BMW's iDrive is locked out too. At least that was the case with my e70 and e90 - the e70 was traded in for the Pacifica

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited - Bright White with lots of unnecessary stuff in it

post #10 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 08:19 AM

On our Audi, they also lock out video in motion.

2018 Pacifica Limited (gas) - Oct. 2017 build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in