I've been driving with the HIDs for over a week now. They illuminate the road better than the halogen bulbs and I have no complaints in the looks department. They are bright white with no purple tint or fringes and match the LED DRL strips perfectly. That cheap kit performed above my expectations. I want to share the installation details.
HID kit http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=132330858844
Relay harness http://amzn.to/2CoBa5L
Wire harness tape http://amzn.to/2CmMyio
I also purchased several aftermarket rear caps, none of them worked.
The relay (right red arrow) is attached to the driver's side diagonal cross brace. The other arrow points at the battery cable. It was double insulated, but I taped it because I didn't want to the wire to jump out with its bright red color and for extra protection.
The driver side ballast is held with the cross brace bolt. The ground terminal is attached to the same bolt.
The green arrow shows where the battery wire from the first picture is connected.
I had to remove the plastic cover to properly route the harness wire to the passenger side. The wire is barely long. A 9005 extension http://amzn.to/2Eeb2Li
could make the install a little more comfortable.
The other ballast (left arrow) is tied to the passenger side cross brace. The right arrow is the bolt where the ground is attached. There is another bolt nearby which looks more attractive for the ground, but it is not connected to the chassis.
I drilled holes in the rear covers with a 15/16" wood spade bit. Installing the bulbs was difficult. On the passenger side I had to remove the cross brace, rubber ABS pump cover and windshield washer fill neck. The neck is just pulled out after removing the single screw on the cross brace. Make sure the fluid level is below the neck, or it will leak on the floor. The HID bulbs bases are smaller compared to the regular 9005s and provide no leverage to lock them in the position. I was afraid to apply force because I didn't know if the reflectors are sturdy enough. Ended up to use long nose curved pliers to partially turn the bulb and finished with fingers. The driver side had more room to work, but still tight.