Uconnect theater app not loading in front screen - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 12:57 PM

I believe I do have the latest software version installed in accordance with 08-007-18 but I was at 3 dealerships that all had no idea what do do with the Bulletin. I was able to install the software via USB to get to UCONNECT_VRM_RHH_174811_RU_MY18. The last dealer I was at just flat out lied and said it was up to date when it was not. It appears these car mechanics have no idea how to service the technology side of things. It is beyond frustrating. I ended up pulling the 3 separate fuses dealing with the Uconnect and it brought the system back. Otherwise all screens were completely black and unresponsive. Is there an additional update coming out 17.50.13?

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 08:47 PM

I've had 3 different updates now and none have solved these issues for me. This us unbelievable. They don't even know what the update addresses except saying "it addresses "stuff" for the radio so we'll try it." Why don't they know what the updates address? I keep leaving my car, getting updates, go back to get it only to still have the issues.

Of course, they can never reproduce it, either.

2018 Pacifica Limited
Build Date 4-18
Brilliant Black
Package 27P with: ALP - Advanced SafetyTec Group; AHT - Trailer Tow Group; AAJ - UConnect Theater w/ Streaming & Sound Group; MW1 - Roof Rack - Stow 'n Place; CJJ - Vacuum Delete; GX3 - KeySense
WeatherTech Floor Liner - Complete Set
post #23 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysiii View Post
I've had 3 different updates now and none have solved these issues for me. This us unbelievable. They don't even know what the update addresses except saying "it addresses "stuff" for the radio so we'll try it." Why don't they know what the updates address? I keep leaving my car, getting updates, go back to get it only to still have the issues.

Of course, they can never reproduce it, either.

The TSB that the dealers have access to (and are often posted here on the forum) list specific things fixed in updates so the dealers should be able to give you some idea. They aren’t as detailed as I’d like but definitely better than “stuff”.

2018 Pacifica Limited (gas) - Oct. 2017 build

post #24 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apnar View Post
The TSB that the dealers have access to (and are often posted here on the forum) list specific things fixed in updates so the dealers should be able to give you some idea. They aren’t as detailed as I’d like but definitely better than “stuff”.

Well I'm here to tell you they have specifically used the term "stuff," which I took casually. They've basically said "it fixes some radio issues, but there's nothing specifically listed addressing what you're experiencing. We'll apply it anyway and see what it fixes."

Well, I've had three of these software updates now. I was actually more surprised that I went in a few weeks since my last update and there was yet another update available that wasn't available on the previous visit. I was pessimistic going in like "there's not way they'd have another update already," to excited when they said there WAS a new update, to disappointed when I got home and started experiencing the same troubles again anyway.

:-\

2018 Pacifica Limited
Build Date 4-18
Brilliant Black
Package 27P with: ALP - Advanced SafetyTec Group; AHT - Trailer Tow Group; AAJ - UConnect Theater w/ Streaming & Sound Group; MW1 - Roof Rack - Stow 'n Place; CJJ - Vacuum Delete; GX3 - KeySense
post #25 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysiii View Post
Well I'm here to tell you they have specifically used the term "stuff," which I took casually. They've basically said "it fixes some radio issues, but there's nothing specifically listed addressing what you're experiencing. We'll apply it anyway and see what it fixes."

Well, I've had three of these software updates now. I was actually more surprised that I went in a few weeks since my last update and there was yet another update available that wasn't available on the previous visit. I was pessimistic going in like "there's not way they'd have another update already," to excited when they said there WAS a new update, to disappointed when I got home and started experiencing the same troubles again anyway.

:-\

Oh I believe you. The dealers are Chrysler’s Achilles heel in my opinion. I’d say it’s more likely than not that there wasn’t actually a new update each time you’ve been in. I strongly suggest tracking the version numbers of the UConnect and VRM yourself before and after each visit just so you know if they actually did anything.

2018 Pacifica Limited (gas) - Oct. 2017 build
post #26 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 09:56 PM

Yeah, I agree. I was counting on being able to use the information on my service trip reports, but I'll make more of an effort to find out how to see what versions I'm at before and after I go in. That's a good idea, and unfortunately is a step I now have to take with these matters. :-\

Thanks

2018 Pacifica Limited
Build Date 4-18
Brilliant Black
post #27 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 02:28 PM

My experience has been that the dealerships are completely clueless about the tech side of things. I have given them software version numbers and they still can not get the correct updates installed. One the video side sometimes movies begin playing where they left off on a usb stick. Sometimes the system resets itself and you have to play the movie from the beginning. Other times all of the software freezes and you just have black screens. This is such simple technology I can not figure out how a basic encoded movie can not simply play from the previous location and why access to the video system freezes on the main screen and gives a black screen.

It seems like they just send out updates at random that are meant to work on multiple vehicles and have no idea what it will do to the like of the video system in the Pacifica but hope it will fix a problem in a Jeep. One time when I was forced to pull a fuse I actually got the base software from another vehicle with ports and such that didn't even exist. In the help section it asks to connect to Jeep customer care. The software is a complete mess and not one has any idea how to fix it. There is no reason to go and have your car sit at a dealership as they will never figure it out either.
post #28 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 12:50 AM

Was looking for the proper thread to post this, looks like I found it.

My UConnect Theater App fails on a daily basis. In my daily routine, it is very repeatable. But when I try to any sort of debug, I am at a complete loss and apparently so is the dealer.

Here's what happens on my daily routine:
Load up the kids and start the car. Stream from my iPhone to the HDMI input on one of the rear screens using so the kids can get their 15 minute fix before school. Consistently works fine at this point on a daily basis.

Drop off the 5yo to Kindergarten. This involves parking the car and leaving it for 10-15 minutes.
When I come back to the car, the theater app is blank. It doesn't matter if I've disconnected my phone or not. No combination of disconnecting and reconnecting cables or restarting engine fixes this.

Drive to drop off 3 yo. Leave the car for another 5-10 minutes. Come back and the theater app is still blank.

Drive to work. Leave the car for the entire work day. Come back and everything is fine.

Every day is like this. Over and over.

So I try to debug, I'll sit in my car and start streaming to the HDMI input. I'll turn off the car and turn it back on. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's not.

I suspect that some electronics don't reset until you actually exit the car. So I try streaming to HDMI. Then I stop the car, exit the car, and close the door. Then I get back in and try streaming to HDMI again. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's not.

The only thing I can think of that is really different between my daily routine and my debug efforts, is that I stream to the HDMI for an extended time and then I leave for an extended time (instead of just a minute or two).

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
Ext: Granite / Int: Alloy
Tri-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
Advanced Safety Tech Group
post #29 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 02:15 PM

I'm still having issues. Just earlier this week I picked up my van from being in service for over a week. They replaced the passenger sliding door module, the radio, and changed the oil.

I'm now having more issues with the radio/UConnect systems than I was having before. I've made a sequence of videos I wanted to share here for your reference, and hopefully for others. I've been documenting my issues this way because every time I bring it for service they "can't reproduce" my issues, so they typically try to apply updates and send me on my way a few days later. Well, I emailed them (my dealer's service department) videos at the end of November and it turns out they never used them, because today I drove the van to the dealer to have the service tech sit with me and witness all the issues. The issues repeatedly happened with him in the car with me and he claimed he just drove the van around and couldn't reproduce the issues. Now he understands the issues I am having. My issue with this is I'VE SENT VIDEOS, I'VE DOCUMENTED MY ISSUES, WHAT I'VE DONE TO CORRECT IT, AND WHAT I DO THAT DOESN'T CORRECT IT. I'm BEYOND frustrated that I've spent COUNTLESS hours researching this online, driving to/from the dealer and car rental place, and being without our vehicle; nevermind the fact that when we have it, it doesn't work right. I also asked the tech about the soft resets to see if he knew which sequence worked for my UConnect model and he claimed he had never heard of that before.

Anyway, here are some of my videos from the past 3-2 days. The first 5 are my start/stop testing of the UConnect to try and reproduce the issues, explaining how it looks when it works, doesn't work, or partially works. The second set of videos goes through the latest issues with my radio presets. This is WORSE that before the radio swap because at least it used to keep the presets, only randomly reprogramming themselves back to factory every once in a while (once or so per week)! I can simple set a preset, press the other memory seat button, press my memory seat button, and all the presets are reset back to factory now. On top of the fact that I have to reset these each time I get in the car now, it's typically no longer even left on the same station as when I last exited the vehicle!!!

Oh, also, I sent Chrysler Cares and my service rep these videos two days ago and not a single person has viewed them. They were supposed to talk about this issue before I went in this morning, but they hadn't even read my emails at that point yet. I also don't know why @chryslercares hasn't highly escalated my issue by now, and why they aren't just sending the dealer all the parts it could be so the dealer can start swapping and testing them. The dealer doesn't want to order parts and eat the costs, so now it's still my problem.....I still don't know why the VRM wasn't addressed at all since one of the first things I mentioned to them on my first visit over the summer was that Fuse 55 fixed my issue each time I had to pull it, which took a few minutes to reboot the VRM.

My playlist with all videos, numbered in order, with some descriptions on there (I can make these public if I need to and they don't work for you):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1klGh7GdjODIOG

Videos:
01-UConnect 1st test - success:
02-UConnect Powering off for quick stop in town just to show my typical routine:
03-UConnect Power up, not working correctly, but was able to press button to fix it:
04-UConnect Powering off again for next stop in my afternoon routine:
05-UConnect not working correctly, for the entire drive. Volume not working. Rear screens are still playing the DVD. Soft buttons not working at all:

06-UConnect strange issues 01:
07-UConnect Strange issues 02:
08-UConnect Strange issues 03-Presets:
09-UConnect Strange issues 04-presets:

Hope this helps some of you in either describing your issues, or troubleshooting by yourself or with your dealer. And I hope this enables the community to help my issues, too!

2018 Pacifica Limited
Build Date 4-18
Brilliant Black

Last edited by harrysiii; 12-13-2018 at 02:20 PM.
post #30 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 10:26 PM

Any updates?

I just picked up our new 2018 Hybrid Pacifica on Saturday. On the drive home from the dealer the front Uconnect Theater Screen went blank (rear screens work just fine). It seems to work after the van is off for a bit, but still it is not working as intended. Software is up to date. Any solutions yet?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page