Uconnect theater app not loading in front screen - Page 7 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 05:21 PM

They have been saying the update is coming since last November. They told me it would be out 1st quarter of this year, when that came and went I brought it back. They tried a few things and are now saying that a flash update is coming soon. The dealer has been great but this seems to be a problem above them and I am not sure who to contact to get it fixed. I just want my DVD player to work for our upcoming trip. there is clearly an issue that thy don't want to address, i bought this van for that specific feature and its worthless now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:11 AM

Angry Hybrid only?

Is this problem only on Pacifica Hybrid? I currently have one being returned under lemon law due to the same issue, and want to get a non hybrid in hopes it does not happen anymore. I need to know if this is only happening to hybrids or if its happening to everyone?
post #63 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 02:35 PM

We’re having the same issue with the black Uconnect screen on our 2018 hybrid. We’ve had it since day 1. Very disappointing to find this forum and see that first, it’s a common problem and second, Chrysler is doing nothing about it. Our dealership is useless when it comes to the technology in this van.
This was our first and probably last Chrysler vehicle.

post #64 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 05:12 PM

Weve made some headway with our van. Not anything that has fixed it yet but I have been able to get it to lock up at the dealership so they were able to see the problem themselves. Chrysler Cares has said we need to update to the new software but they cant force the OTA update to happen. Im taking it back again tomorrow to see if they can try actually changing hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #65 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abovo View Post
Weve made some headway with our van. Not anything that has fixed it yet but I have been able to get it to lock up at the dealership so they were able to see the problem themselves. Chrysler Cares has said we need to update to the new software but they cant force the OTA update to happen. Im taking it back again tomorrow to see if they can try actually changing hardware.

Same thing still happening to me. I was told I should get the OTA within a week or two now. I'm trying to be hopeful. :-\

Let me know how it works out. I've had the head unit (screen) replaced already.

2018 Pacifica Limited
Build Date 4-18
Brilliant Black
Package 27P with: ALP - Advanced SafetyTec Group; AHT - Trailer Tow Group; AAJ - UConnect Theater w/ Streaming & Sound Group; MW1 - Roof Rack - Stow 'n Place; CJJ - Vacuum Delete; GX3 - KeySense
WeatherTech Floor Liner - Complete Set
post #66 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 06:51 PM

Thats good to know. I am not confident a software update is going to solve this issue but hopefully it does.

post #67 of 67 (permalink) Old Today, 03:20 AM

Just an update...I can reproduce this by starting Apple Play before trying to access the theater app. I can get the theater app to work by opening it first. Sample size is still small so Ill keep fooling with it. My guess is they didnt put in enough ram to run both.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page