Surround Cameras Not working - Page 4 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arteitle View Post
As a follow-up to my own post, has anyone who's repeatedly experienced this problem, getting stuck in the surround camera screen because it's unresponsive to touch, found it fixed by any software updates? We were leaning towards the Pacifica over the Odyssey, but encountering this bug right at the start of our test drive left a bad taste in our mouths and made us leery of reliability issues. I'm hoping there's some other resolution besides just expecting to have this bug indefinitely.

I was able to paste the VIN of the car we drove into the Uconnect website and it showed one update, but it was for the rear entertainment system, and I don't know whether it had already been installed. Should I expect a car still on the lot to be fully up to date, or could there be other pending software updates not listed on the website?
My understanding is if there is a Software Recall or physical hardware recall it has to be addressed by the dealer before the car is sold. We love our Pacifica Hybrid....the issues that have been happening have been addressed mostly. Be an informed consumer and do your research before committing. It is difficult to unring this kind of bell once it has been rung.

Thought I would share this website that shows statistics for car issues, etc...

Chrysler - Problems, Statistics, and Analysis

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
2015 Ford Explorer Limited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey398 View Post
My understanding is if there is a Software Recall or physical hardware recall it has to be addressed by the dealer before the car is sold. We love our Pacifica Hybrid....the issues that have been happening have been addressed mostly. Be an informed consumer and do your research before committing. It is difficult to unring this kind of bell once it has been rung.

Only recalls fall into this category. These Radio Software updates are not classified as recalls and therefore may not be addressed prior to delivery. Although the dealer should be proactive and apply at all available software updates prior to delivery.

I can confirm that the latest software fixed the surround the view camera issue with my van.

2018 Pacifica Limited - Velvet Red/Alloy
SafetyTec - UConnect Theater - Vac Delete
8 Pax/20" - Splash Guards - ESS
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x95stacey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey398 View Post

Only recalls fall into this category. These Radio Software updates are not classified as recalls and therefore may not be addressed prior to delivery. Although the dealer should be proactive and apply at all available software updates prior to delivery.

I can confirm that the latest software fixed the surround the view camera issue with my van.
Can anyone verify what the latest software is? I am having the same surround view camera issue and it is driving me nuts. Was the latest software a user install or dealership install?

My problem started after I applied the following update as instructed by the driveuconnect.com site. Everything was pretty much working (and I should have left well enough ALONE!!)

UCONNECT_VRM_RHH_174811_RU_MY18
SERVICE BULLETIN ID: 08-007-18
RELEASE DATE: 2018-01-12

The above is the only this listed on the driveconnect website. There has not been anything else posted since I installed it.

Is there a way to revert back or install an older version?

I have a 2018 limited.

Thx

Last edited by cue003; 07-27-2018 at 07:36 PM.

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 01:09 PM

The update you applied is for the video routing module for the rear theater system. It will have no effect on the surround cameras which are controlled by the main UConnect system in the front console. Updates for 2018 main UConnect systems are distributed over the air and are never listed on the driveuconnect web site. The latest software for the main UConnect system is version 17.50.49 and is being distributed over the air starting this month. It may help with your problem.

https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum...tml#post516768

2018 Molten Silver Pacifica Hybrid Limited purchased Nov 30, 2017.
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 08:29 AM

Has anyone received a resolution yet? My Pacifica has been to the dealership 3x now. They claim it is fixed every time, and it isn't. (see other thread for more details)
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 01:04 PM

This is supposed to be an over the air (OTA) fix if I am not mistaken and I for sure haven’t received any notifications for the fix and have had this issue for months now.

I would be interested to see if anyone actually was able to get the update over the air for this fix yet.
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 11:16 PM

Just made an account to post about this issue (and about Android auto, I'll find that thread next).

Bought our new PacHy two days ago. I drove it yesterday and this happened as I was parking the car. One note is that I was simultaneously using bluetooth to make a call - maybe there is some race condition that freezes the screen when multiple apps are running? That or a memory leak? Anyway, I brought it in today hoping there would already be a software fix but I guess it isn't released yet. Day 1 of 30 towards the lemon law

I'll keep an eye on this thread to look for a resolution.
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcmcclun View Post
After a new radio and multiple S/W updates( and no fix) The Dealership has informed me that the FCA engineers plan on developing a S/W fix/update for this particular issue by Mid-June. The specific problem they are addressing is, "camera freeze if you are inside the Ucconnect app (aka listening in or trying to select something for the aft screens via the front) and you then select to reverse". The camera's will freeze and the only way to exit is to come out of reverse.

I explained that that's not specifically my problem, but I assume based on S/W logic that if I attempted that I'd get the same problem to occur. They claimed it will fix "all" ucconect up front app "issues" that are related to the surround cameras.

I'll keep you posted.
Just got my Limited PHEV and have the EXACT problem. Brought to dealer and kept my car for 8 days. Changed amplifier and update software and did nothing. Of course when I picked up the car they didn't even show me if it was fixed. I was so fed up with not having the car that I just took it home and now doing my own research. Please tell us if you found a solution. Thanks!

2018 Pacifica PHEV
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 01:14 AM

It's been a year and they still haven't put out a fix.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page