Mirror Screen without Car Wifi - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By UConnectFan

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Mirror Screen without Car Wifi

Is it possible to do the screen mirroring on an Android without paying for the vehicle wifi? I can't seem to find that answer anywhere. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sward1 View Post
Is it possible to do the screen mirroring on an Android without paying for the vehicle wifi? I can't seem to find that answer anywhere. Thanks!
Welcome to the forum. Are you looking at vans or do you have one?
If you put the year, trim, gas or hybrid, etc in the User CP signature line it will make it easier for us to help you.

The assumption is that you are talking about a 2018 Pacifica and Android Auto. I think you can plug it in with a cord without van wifi. You will use your phone data plan. (That's how it works on another vehicle I have.) I'm not sure which other things can be mirrored from your phone to the front screen. If the van has the theater package there are some screen mirroring options, but someone else will have to answer those questions. The 2017 Pacificas don't have the android auto/apple car play, but a factory navigation system is available on some vans.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:

I donít believe any mirroring depends on subscribing to WiFi service. As noted above, Android Auto requires hardwire to work. For the rear theater screens they use a standard called MiraCast and work with WiFi direct I believe. You need to set it up on the rear screens then configure your android device to stream to it.

2018 Pacifica Limited (gas) - Oct. 2017 build

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Samsung here. We smartview/mirror our phones to the monitors. We do not use wifi or a hotspot to do it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crasherl25 View Post
Samsung here. We smartview/mirror our phones to the monitors. We do not use wifi or a hotspot to do it.

Can I ask how do you mirror your samsung on PacHy screen? I am having issues.

Thanks

2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Ltd
AST, Sunroof, Interior Protection
Dark Cardovan with Alloy/Black/Alloy
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannna View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crasherl25 View Post

Can I ask how do you mirror your samsung on PacHy screen? I am having issues.

Thanks
More than likely there is an internal wifi network in the vehicle. The internet subscription option would also feed into this and be routed over wifi, but the internet is not required for screen mirroring.

My PacHy is on order so I don’t have first hand experience but I’m sure it’s no different than a smart TV, you would likely just need to connect to it through your phone’s mirroring option.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentasha View Post
More than likely there is an internal wifi network in the vehicle. The internet subscription option would also feed into this and be routed over wifi, but the internet is not required for screen mirroring.

My PacHy is on order so I donít have first hand experience but Iím sure itís no different than a smart TV, you would likely just need to connect to it through your phoneís mirroring option.
That's correct, the car appears as a WiFi access point so the phone can connect to it with Miracast. It doesn't have any connection to the AT&T subscription service.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:48 PM

On the newer Samsung phones the Miracast feature is branded as Smart View. Look for that on your phone. Enable it on your phone and the Uconnect system should show up if it's enabled on the in the Uconnect Theater system.

On older phones it's also been referred to as Screen Mirroring. It was also called Smart View on older Samsung phones too.
pannna likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page