Anyone do a Aftermarket stereo system - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 07:51 PM

I took out the stupid Alpine system mine came with (junk) and put in a Rendler 2.3 Full Spectrum Auto Calibrate Celibate (FSACC) unit. My buddy put in a McIntosh vacuum tube unit and it is not even close.
Rendler is the bomb!
The Pacifica is the perfect vehicle for mods, 'cuz the room for equipment is almost limitless.
Another friend put in a system that meant he had to put the Generator on a trailer just to power the darn thing.
I'm not that into it, but maybe someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 08:45 PM

What craziness is this ....? Towing a trailer just to power the enormous amplifier of a car stereo (which you may not enjoy while driving anyway.....? .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
post #13 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

I’ve been into car audio for a long time but have never heard of Rendler ? I usually keep the factory head unit and add a nice DSP with good SQ equipment. I’m really into sound quality vs just thumping like we used to do in the 90s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
I took out the stupid Alpine system mine came with (junk) and put in a Rendler 2.3 Full Spectrum Auto Calibrate Celibate (FSACC) unit. My buddy put in a McIntosh vacuum tube unit and it is not even close.
Rendler is the bomb!
The Pacifica is the perfect vehicle for mods, 'cuz the room for equipment is almost limitless.
Another friend put in a system that meant he had to put the Generator on a trailer just to power the darn thing.
I'm not that into it, but maybe someday...

17 Touring L white. Current mods: tinted windows, tinted tail lights and reflectors, Audiofrog GB15, Audiofrog GB60 Audison Voce 5.1k amp, Audison Bit Ten DSP, Diamond Audio 12” TDX sub.

Next mods: drop springs and 22s

post #14 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 11:14 PM

Garage
The upgraded factory system has 20 speakers so you have plenty of room to put upgrades

Other cars: 2017 Kia Soul EV , 2010 Nissan Cube, 2018 PacHy
post #15 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 11:29 PM

I don't have an answer but am interested in what everyone else has done. No way I can do it myself, I'd have to take it in.

2018 Touring Plus, S Package, 20" Wheels
post #16 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

I’ll just be replacing the front with a 2 way set active set up that i will run off my amp , the rears will be replaced but i won’t amp them and there will be a flat sub in place of the spare tire. I used to think the more speakers the better but that’s not really the case when it comes to SQ and tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakitez View Post
The upgraded factory system has 20 speakers so you have plenty of room to put upgrades

17 Touring L white. Current mods: tinted windows, tinted tail lights and reflectors, Audiofrog GB15, Audiofrog GB60 Audison Voce 5.1k amp, Audison Bit Ten DSP, Diamond Audio 12” TDX sub.

post #17 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 09:29 AM

The base stereo does not use an amp

I am currently designing a box that bolts into the location the factory spare goes. Got side tracked as my online speaker box business picked up, but hope to get back on it soon.
post #18 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Perfect then i don’t need that pac amp Pro part. Saves me about $400. Interested to see what the box looks like. I’m having my installer fiberglass a custom box for either a JL Audio Tw5 or Tw3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikbrewer View Post
The base stereo does not use an amp

I am currently designing a box that bolts into the location the factory spare goes. Got side tracked as my online speaker box business picked up, but hope to get back on it soon.

post #19 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 02:02 PM

I have the Alpine system and I'm interested in adding a sub. Can't figure out a location for it

I have a JL W6 and a JL 500W sub amp that is currently sitting in my garage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Pacifica Limited | Bright White | Black/Diesel | 20" Wheel Group

post #20 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

The sub needs a big box. Sell it and get a flat sub. The tw5 by jl is no joke. I’ve had 1 in my f150 and have 2 going in my Escalade. Mounting depth is only 2.54” vs the 7.52” for the w6. I’m pretty sure the tw5 will fit nicely into the spare tire spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstruktNine View Post
I have the Alpine system and I'm interested in adding a sub. Can't figure out a location for it [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/IMG]

I have a JL W6 and a JL 500W sub amp that is currently sitting in my garage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page