Pedal Commander - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Pedal Commander

Hi. is there a version of Pedal Commander i can install on my 2018 Pacifica?
i want to get a quicker pedal response and i heard some great things about these pedal commanders...
Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 11:12 AM

they list it on their website for the pacifica
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 09:48 PM

Looking for something to fix my laggy throttle response. Pac only has 2 modes L for towing which hold the shift way too long for any real use. And the default ECO mode which we all know. I will update you next week after it arrives. The code SEMA10 will get you $33 off. Can't wait!

2017 Pacifica Limited:
Velvet Red Pearl Paint
Black / Alloy Interior Color
8-Passenger Seating & 20-Inch Wheel Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
Uconnect® Theater and Sound Group
Trailer Tow Group
Smart StopStart
Pedal Commander
3M paint protection with Ceramic coating

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 09:51 AM

Buy a high velocity air filter. That will increase throttle response. Don't need a cold air intake just a simple OEM replacement upgrade. The Pacifica ones are like 20 or 30 bucks even for the upgraded type.

The paper ones drag more and get worse the dirtier they get. If you get a 3rd party version they are made of better material last longer and won't degrade over time.

This is from a person that I ALWAYS buy new engine air filters immediately after purchase. because I notice a difference when I hit that pedal
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Looking for something to fix my laggy throttle response. Pac only has 2 modes L for towing which hold the shift way too long for any real use. And the default ECO mode which we all know. I will update you next week after it arrives. The code SEMA10 will get you $33 off. Can't wait!
Its interesting but cars today sense weight and they choose the best gear for the engine. Better to get a lower gear than make engine work harder, so what you assume is a extended non-shift is actually by design, it's automatic.. it can handle it. The shift points are controlled by the PCM.

At some point you can't control it anymore you just have to let the car do as it was designed. It has 9 gears.. you really going to be critical of gear 6 and you want to be in gear 7? RPM diff is like 500 maybe..

Also one of the things I noticed right away is the throttle response is MUCH better than other vehicles I tested... you think this is laggy try a Honda Pilot.. Those are REALLY grandma cars.. I would put the Pacifica on par with sedans for pick up.. it actually does a pretty fine job. It's not really a sports vehicle.. you carrying passengers so you have to think about smoothness not acceleration.
froglips likes this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 06:46 PM

I have a K&N did not change the throttle lag. I like K&N filters and use them in all my cars.

I just got the Pedal Commander and installed it today. I have the controller run inside the glove box. 10 min to install.

The throttle is responsive. It feels so much better. I have set the controller to City +2. I played around with the other settings. Sport and Sport + caused the throttle to be too sensitive around neighborhood streets. Steady speeds no longer require heavy throttle and no more 3 second delays before you see and feel the rpm's climb.

I had my wife test drive it and she agrees the van is much easier to drive. I'm glad I installed it.

I also have the "Smart StopStart" to defeat the default Stop Start engine feature. Both of these together make the van so much nicer to drive.

2017 Pacifica Limited:
Velvet Red Pearl Paint
Advanced SafetyTec Group
Trailer Tow Group
Smart StopStart
Pedal Commander
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 03:22 PM

It's been a week with the Pedal Commander and I have to say it changes the driving experience. Much easier to accelerate from a stop and highway driving. The kick downs are immediate and I have passing power. I use much less throttle than before. I have settled on City setting no additional + settings. I believe City was the default out of the box. I have the controller run the glove box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture0002.jpg (33.1 KB, 71 views)

2017 Pacifica Limited:
Velvet Red Pearl Paint
Advanced SafetyTec Group
Trailer Tow Group
Smart StopStart
Pedal Commander
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOUZIP View Post
It's been a week with the Pedal Commander and I have to say it changes the driving experience. Much easier to accelerate from a stop and highway driving. The kick downs are immediate and I have passing power. I use much less throttle than before. I have settled on City setting no additional + settings. I believe City was the default out of the box. I have the controller run the glove box.
According to the site you can save up to 20% in gas, have you noticed increased MPG?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 06:10 PM

Garage
I have been running g Pedal commander in my 2017 for about 6 weeks now. Night and day difference in throttle response. I am running in City +4 and its pretty nice. When I go back to stock it feels dead !...tried Sport and Sport + and nearly went flying into the car in front of me ...super sensitive !....Really can feel the difference and would really miss it if I didn't have it now !...Also has Eco mode for when my Dad drives it !!!..Mine is in the dash cubby , I did not mount it, use my phone to change settings. I did get a check engine light one time when going from sport to city and a bunch of codes that I read and then cleared. But seems OK now, plus once its set where you want it, no need to move it really.

2017 Bright white Limited
Black/alloy, advanced safety pack,
U-connect theater. Tri-pane roof. Verde Invictus 22"
Quite a few custom modifications and lots more to come .
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rparker06 View Post
According to the site you can save up to 20% in gas, have you noticed increased MPG?
I have only had it for 1 tank so far. The gas increase or decrease to me was not a deciding factor for getting it. Throttle response was the number 1 reason. I find the gas pedal needs much less input to get going and highway driving sometimes feels like I have no throttle applied to keep steady speed. With the higher settings Sport and Sport + it seems like the throttle can get away from you. Goose the throttle and pulls more than I want it to. This could be a problem in stop and go traffic for me.

If you need to visit the service department you can turn it off from the app or by pressing the buttons on the device. It took me 10 min to install and I would guess 5 min to remove if I had to.

2017 Pacifica Limited:
Velvet Red Pearl Paint
Advanced SafetyTec Group
Trailer Tow Group
Smart StopStart
Pedal Commander

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page