DIY - I had to replace a Uconnect Theater LCD - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettP View Post
... I agree the difference might just be connectors or automotive temperature range, etc..

While not an expert on this brand of display, a bit of online searching has led me to believe the following about the part number breakdown:

CLAA: just an identifying prefix for all CHUNGWHA panels
101: the screen size (10.1" in this case)
W: widescreen ratio (resolution is probably 1280 x 720)

The rest of the part number (G01 XW) is unknown, but seeing several of their other part numbers has led me to believe that these MAY represent (in no certain order) an automotive temperature range, long life/high reliability, and the fact that (I believe) the digitizer is built-in. It could also be a custom number for Delphi just to differentiate their units (as it does have their p/n on it after all).

All of these that I'm seeing datasheets for (which aren't the exact one we're looking for), as well as the Chrysler wiring pinout seem to show the interface as LVDS..

- 2017 Pacifica Touring-L Plus - Jazz Blue, Advanced SafetyTec, Uconnect 8.4N, KeySense
- Ordered 5/31/16, Current status: KZL as of 6/28/16, Arrived at dealer 7/6/16, Purchased 7/11/16
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal1228 View Post
A few questions...

Do you know how many pins are on the ribbon cable connecting the LCD to the board? 40?

Is the digitizer (touch screen) removable from the LCD itself?
@danimal1228

Yes, a 40 pin connector to the LCD panel's controller card (mounted on the back of the LCD...see picture 4) with 30 wires actually connected 10 black 16 grey 4 more black. The similar CHUNGHWA CLAA101WA01 uses an I-PEX 20455-040E-12 40 pin connector and it looks just like the connector I have on mine.

Touchscreen is attached to the front of the LCD by adhesive around the perimeter and it might be possible to carefully liberate it with an X-Acto Knife then (re)glue to another LCD. Main IC on the brown touchscreen PCB is an ATMEL MXT768E maxTouch mutual capacitance touchscreen controller

@daniel9478
Good data (as always). Thanks. LVDS sounds reasonable via the 16 grey conductors to the 40 pin plug. The 16 grey conductors appear to be arranged as 5 differential pairs with a grey ground guard wire between pairs. It seems consistent the similarly numbered CHUNGHWA CLAA101WA01A data sheet which can be found on-line (see 40 pin connector pinout below).

The interface/power card has two connectors to Pacifica wiring. A 4 pin black connector (power likely) and a brown automotive connector that a standard USB MINI A connector can directly plug into
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg touchscreen1.jpeg (85.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpeg touchscreen2.jpeg (71.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpeg touchscreencontroller.jpeg (99.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpeg lcd40pin.jpeg (96.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpeg interfaceCard.jpeg (96.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpeg connectorsToPacificaWiring.jpeg (56.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpeg usbminiAfits.jpeg (84.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: png CLAA101WA01.png (373.6 KB, 22 views)
danimal1228 and Longtimemopar like this.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels

Last edited by BrettP; 10-25-2018 at 06:25 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page