Remove headlight - difficult? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Remove headlight - difficult?

So my Pacifica let me know the LF LED turn signal was out. Turns out it was loose somehow - when I went to replace it, the bulb that was apparently loose already fell the rest of the way out of the socket and into the housing. It's just rolling around in there. Despite trying, there's no getting that sucker out, what with the tight clearance and 90+ degree access.

How much of a task is it to remove the headlight, at least enough so I can get that bulb outta there? Hoping it's not too bad, but I haven't seen any posts on how to do it. TIA!

2018 Limited (gas)
Bright white, Mocha interior
All options save Theater, S package, & vacuum delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 10:18 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraformer View Post
So my Pacifica let me know the LF LED turn signal was out. Turns out it was loose somehow - when I went to replace it, the bulb that was apparently loose already fell the rest of the way out of the socket and into the housing. It's just rolling around in there. Despite trying, there's no getting that sucker out, what with the tight clearance and 90+ degree access.

How much of a task is it to remove the headlight, at least enough so I can get that bulb outta there? Hoping it's not too bad, but I haven't seen any posts on how to do it. TIA!
are you out of warranty by mileage? I'd let the dealership deal with it - I'm looking thru the tech data and it looks like hellava job just to remove the entire light assembly. If you're out of warranty have you tried mechanical fingers? Another thing to try is to McGyver a tiny flexible hose/tube to the end of a shopvac hose with sup good'ol duct tape and use the small flexible hose to suck the buld against it then pull it out.

If you really want to go thru the headache I'll give you the job print out but i recommend trying the above before disassembling it. Let me know!

Good luck!

2018 Pacifica Limited Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Uconnect® Theater with Streaming and Sound
Interior Protection Package
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
8–Passenger Seating & 20–Inch Wheel Group
Delete Vacuum / Add Spare Tire
Front and Rear Splash Guards
Engine Block Heater
Lifetime Warranty w/ $100 Deductible
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 10:40 AM

Should just be a matter of pulling off the bumper cover. So that won’t be fun, but normally not too difficult. You have a bunch of plastic Fastners and normally a couple bolts. But you just pull all the plastic rivets and remove the bolts, pull the cover off. Then you should see all the headlight fasteners so you can pull the housing off. You may want a set of these pliers to aid getting the rivets out.
Attached Images
File Type: png 88FC3E57-2E3C-47DE-9FC9-125588AE1EEE_1556116819764.png (546.4 KB, 42 views)

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuter View Post
Should just be a matter of pulling off the bumper cover. So that won’t be fun, but normally not too difficult. You have a bunch of plastic Fastners and normally a couple bolts. But you just pull all the plastic rivets and remove the bolts, pull the cover off. Then you should see all the headlight fasteners so you can pull the housing off. You may want a set of these pliers to aid getting the rivets out.
Its a little more involved than that

Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
Engine Block Heater
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 02:07 PM

Garage
I'm with @Lily - park it on an incline and fish the bulb out.
Lily likes this.

*** 2018 Hybrid Limited ***
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 10:23 AM

Can you post the procedure? There’s nothing online about it. I was looking to swap out my lights with HIDs and it seemed simple enough, but I didn’t pull the trigger yet. It would still be nice to know the procedure.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuter View Post
Can you post the procedure? There’s nothing online about it. I was looking to swap out my lights with HIDs and it seemed simple enough, but I didn’t pull the trigger yet. It would still be nice to know the procedure.
I’ll try to have it on here this evening

Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
Engine Block Heater
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
are you out of warranty by mileage? I'd let the dealership deal with it

If you really want to go thru the headache I'll give you the job print out but i recommend trying the above before disassembling it. Let me know!

Good luck!
I don't know how it could be a warranty claim if the OP changed the bulbs to LED and that bulb then fell out of the socket.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid - In Canada Eh!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPLMVR View Post
I don't know how it could be a warranty claim if the OP changed the bulbs to LED and that bulb then fell out of the socket.
He said he got the message “LF LED” he said he went to change it and it fell out. That would be warranty under the 3yr 36k mike warranty. Lights shouldn’t be falling out.

Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
Engine Block Heater
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
He said he got the message “LF LED” he said he went to change it and it fell out. That would be warranty under the 3yr 36k mike warranty. Lights shouldn’t be falling out.
I took that to read it told him that the LF turn signal is out and he had put an LED in it.

The Pacifica does not have LED turn signals OEM, so if it's an LED he had to put a bulb in it. Which means it's either in ill fitting aftermarket product (not Chrysler's fault) or it wasn't installed properly (not chrysler's fault if they didn't install it).

All I'm saying is that unless it's an LED DRL that's out I don't think it's a warranty item.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid - In Canada Eh!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page