What Android devices are folks using to stream with UConnect Theater - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

What Android devices are folks using to stream with UConnect Theater

So far I've tried Pixel 2 XL and Huawei Ascent XT. Both failed due to not being Miracast capable. I searched online, but couldn't find a definitive list of Miracast certified devices. So I was wondering what devices folks who have been successfully wireless streaming are using.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:58 AM

I was successful with my Samsung Galaxy S7. It worked well and have only used it twice. I don't do much riding back there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:56 PM

I worked on this feature when I worked for the company that supplied this part of the infotainment system to FCA. We tested with a few devices and found the Samsung devices starting at the S5 performed the best. I also remember the LG devices worked well at the time. Didn't test much with Huawei phones but the sample Huawei sent us didn't work well. Google disables Miracast on their Android builds.

There actually is a list of Miracast certified devices on the Wi-Fi Alliance website. Go to wi-fi.org and search for Miracast devices there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in