no map mirroring android auto - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

no map mirroring android auto

2019 Pacifica limited with Uconnect 4C nav. Set up Android Auto from my phone to the car. everything works as should but when I use google maps, or Waze from the phone, only the voice prompts play thru the radio. The maps do not mirror in either case. NO help from either Chrysler, unconnect or Android Auto.
any ideas?

In my garage:
2019 Pacifica Limited, Red Velvet, Mocha 8 pass interior
2011 Dodge Charger R/T Max
1977 AMC Pacer, 2nd owner very low mileage
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 HP 4 bbl survivor

Previously in my garage:
from 1st car: 1965 Dodge Coronet 500 (1970)
40+ cars, trucks, Jeeps, Minivans
All except 3 from Mopar family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankt View Post
2019 Pacifica limited with Uconnect 4C nav. Set up Android Auto from my phone to the car. everything works as should but when I use google maps, or Waze from the phone, only the voice prompts play thru the radio. The maps do not mirror in either case. NO help from either Chrysler, unconnect or Android Auto.
any ideas?
So are you getting the Android Auto interface to pop up when you plug your phone in? I'm wondering if you didn't accept all the permissions when you initially plugged your phone in. Try going to app info, storage, and wiping cache and clear storage and re set it up again.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 03:34 PM

Process of elimination...

Try another cable
Hard reboot phone
Pull fuse to reboot uconnect
try another device
If other device works... It's down to your phone somehow
- uninstall and reinstall AA
- factory reset phone

AA is a port from your phone. If AA is otherwise working I'm betting the issue is somewhere between the car's USB port and your device

2018 Pacifica Hybrid - In Canada Eh!

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 05:17 PM

Are you plugging the phone into the top USB socket under the UConnect screen? Only that one will work. You know it has worked if the phone icon on the UConnect screen changes to the Android Auto icon. If you haven't got that connection working right then you will get sound via Bluetooth to the car speakers but nothing else.

2018 Molten Silver Pacifica Hybrid Limited purchased Nov 30, 2017.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Wife's i phone car play works flawlessly. the phone icon changes to car play and all is good. I try same with my android and phone icon does not change, (except for a couple times where it went on, stuff worked then it changed back to phone icon. this leads me to think that my android USB cord is the culprit. but another one plugged in, it, still doesn't work. I did uninstall and reinstalled AA, too.

In my garage:

Previously in my garage:
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 01:21 PM

See if you can borrow somebody else's Android phone to test it with. As you say, the fact that it worked briefly leads one to think that the culprit is the cable. But it could also be a bad contact inside the phone's USB socket.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankt View Post
Wife's i phone car play works flawlessly. the phone icon changes to car play and all is good. I try same with my android and phone icon does not change, (except for a couple times where it went on, stuff worked then it changed back to phone icon. this leads me to think that my android USB cord is the culprit. but another one plugged in, it, still doesn't work. I did uninstall and reinstalled AA, too.
Somewhat similar issue here with my 2019 Pac T+ with the 4C Nav and Adv safety tech package. Carplay works flawlessly, no problems at all. AndroidAuto never worked, get a connection error when i try to connect it with a USB cable. The same phone/cable combo works on other cars (lexus/subaru) , not on my Pac. When I took it to the dealership here in South bay area, they didnt even know what AndroidAuto was to start with, they showed me Google play music working on bluetooth and said hey, its working. I had to show them it was working on a new Pac on the showroom floor, but not on my van, with the same phone/cable combo and only then they realized what it was. Basically i was trouble shooting it for them, but it is still not fixed after a month and a half of going back and forth. They ordered a display screen instead of the whole radio/nav unit and , and for the life of me, I cant figure out how changing a display glass would fix this problem. It didnt, of course. ChryslerCare is trying to help, but the dealership is , IMHO, just plain incompetent or dishonest or both. I love the minivan, its features and ride quality and fuel economy and so many of the things, but the service from local dealership is just plain horrible.

2019 Pacifica Touring+ with AdvSafetyTech Granite Ext
2007 Chrysler T&C
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPac19 View Post
Somewhat similar issue here with my 2019 Pac T+ with the 4C Nav and Adv safety tech package. Carplay works flawlessly, no problems at all. AndroidAuto never worked, get a connection error when i try to connect it with a USB cable. The same phone/cable combo works on other cars (lexus/subaru) , not on my Pac. When I took it to the dealership here in South bay area, they didnt even know what AndroidAuto was to start with, they showed me Google play music working on bluetooth and said hey, its working. I had to show them it was working on a new Pac on the showroom floor, but not on my van, with the same phone/cable combo and only then they realized what it was. Basically i was trouble shooting it for them, but it is still not fixed after a month and a half of going back and forth. They ordered a display screen instead of the whole radio/nav unit and , and for the life of me, I cant figure out how changing a display glass would fix this problem. It didnt, of course. ChryslerCare is trying to help, but the dealership is , IMHO, just plain incompetent or dishonest or both. I love the minivan, its features and ride quality and fuel economy and so many of the things, but the service from local dealership is just plain horrible.
Yes, it is amazing how little the service advisers and sales people know about the cars they sell and service. For what it is worth, the problem could also lie in the USB module below the UConnect screen. I believe that is a separately ordered part.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 08:18 PM

Garage
I think that the service departments are simply swamped by this new technology and receive inadequate training. Replace brakes, got it! Change cabin filter, got it! Rotate tires, got it. Complex UConnect or other computer thing, not sure what to do if there isn't a code to tell them what to do. Troubleshoot by guessing.

Fortunately, at least so far, I have not had any service issues or problems. Going in Monday for V53 and tire rotation.

among others:
1975 Plymouth Valiant
1989 Plymouth Voyager
2005 Chrysler T&C
as of 4/4/2018
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Red Velvet w/Advanced Safety and upgraded audio
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

"Somewhat similar issue here with my 2019 Pac T+ with the 4C Nav and Adv safety tech package. Carplay works flawlessly, no problems at all. AndroidAuto never worked, get a connection error when i try to connect it with a USB cable. The same phone/cable combo works on other cars"

yes exactly same problem. i know the dealer wont be able to figure it out. They couldn't even diagnose and fix properly the Memory seat function that did not work from the get go. Guess we will rely on wife's iphone Car Play

In my garage:

Previously in my garage:

Last edited by frankt; 06-08-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in