2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

2019 Pacifica aftermarket HID kit not working

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  sfortuna 
#1 ·
Not sure if anyone here will know the answer to this but I’ll shoot anyway.

I bought a fairly expensive HID kit from Diode Dynamics, supposedly one of the really good brands out there. I also purchased the relay harness. I’ve installed HID kits on other cars before and haven’t had any issues but our Pacifica does NOT like the kit. My friend and I were able to get one of the low beamHID bulbs to turn on but not both with the harness. We removed the harness and were able to get both lights on but they instantly turned off. I contacted the manufacturer and they sent me a “canbus” corrector but I just tried this evening with that additional piece and it’s still not working.

Any others try to install an HID kit in their Pacifica? Is it something I’m missing or is it a computer issue? I found another manufacturer that’s top rated like Diode Dynamics and some customers said they are the only brand that worked with their canbus system. I’m leery to try them due to the time I spent fiddling with the current kit but I’m a halogen hater.

Thanks for any info.

#2 ·
I'm in same exact boat. New HID install yesterday in 2018 limited hybrid with no relay. The left light flickers or is off 90% of time. Right is crisp bright sharp and accurate on same install method. I have another brand hid on the way to try on left light, which is 8x easier to get to.

#3 ·
My first HID kit was from Diode Dynamics and I used their anti-flicker modules with no issues. Does their harness have plugs that go into both headlight sockets? I am currently running a Morimoto 50w kit with their MOPAR harness. One headlight triggers the relay and has a canceler. The other headlight just has a canceler. Both setups have worked great though. I still have the Diode Dynamic cancelers running my SL1 LED high beams and HID fog lights. Here is my thread of what I've tried.

https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/401-electronics/43949-my-$1000-hid-led-headlight-adventure.html

#4 ·
I have been running a TRS 35watt 4300K HID kit for about a year now. It has worked with no problems since install. The light is great.

The TRS kit uses two relays, both triggered by the drivers side headlight. Power for the ballasts is tapped at the fusebox lug, flows through the relays, and then to the ballast. A “canbus adapter” which is really just two 25watt resistors inside a blue metal box in parallel is plugged into each headlight socket. This presents a load sufficiently like the halogen bulb that the body computer thinks it’s a functioning light bulb and keeps power on.

Install was a pain - the whole thing arrived plugged together, and didn’t work. While troubleshooting I found a bad pin in one of the connectors. Reseated it and everything has been fine since. Obviously they don’t test before shipping, so not too impressed with their quality control.

Based on your description, sounds like you don’t have enough of an electrical load on one or both headlight bulb sockets. You need to present about 50 watts of load or the computer sees it as a burnt out bulb and cuts power. Do you have a wiring diagram from your vendor that you can post? If one or both headlight sockets are open, try plugging in the halogen bulbs and see what happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.