Pacifica Child Seat Capacity - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By severum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Pacifica Child Seat Capacity

Hello,

Can someone who owns a hybrid Pacifica or has seen one in a showroom comment on its car seat capacity? Local dealers don't know...We have a young family that needs 3 rear facing car seats. How many rear facing anchor points does the Pacifica come with? As well, how many rear tethers does it come with for forward facing car seats?

We are considering removing one of the second row seats so we can have good access to 2 rear facing car seats in the third row and 1 rear facing in the car seat in the second row.

If this configuration doesn't work we'll probably have to check the hybrid off our list. I know the Odessy and the Pilot both come with 6 sets of anchors and tethers.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

You're probably not going to hear from someone who owns one since almost everyone is still waiting. But I can tell you that there are 4 total LATCH locations in the hybrid (2 in each row) and all have tether anchors. The 8 passenger version has 5, but you can't get the 8th seat in the hybrid.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 06:14 PM

Per the Alex on Autos review of the Pacifica Hybrid, the 2nd row captain's chairs are removable. Removing one. One of those chairs gets you the configuration you want. To see the LATCH anchor locations, download the manual. There is a diagram of all LATCH points.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 09:29 AM

all the details are also mentioned on this link: Vehicle details

Go to Bottom of the page and review "Child seat anchors (LATCH)
ease of use -> Models built after August 2016" Section.

Pacifica Hybrid Platinum Velvet Red Pearl with Black / Alloy - ordered on 13th Feb

Last edited by abc388220; 02-27-2017 at 09:42 AM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Thanks very much for the information and links. The Pacifica Hybrid does meet our 3 rear facing child seat requirements. Case closed.
abc388220 likes this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Bad anchor placement

Picked up my PacHy last night and was sadly disappointed with the child seat configuration in the third row. Its not as pictured in abc's link above. One pair of anchors is positioned as one would expect, but the second pair is split between the right and middle seat effectively preventing anyone from sitting in the middle seat. So the best you can get out of the PacHy is a 6 seater, 2 people per row.

Add to that the fact that the "middle" child seat needs to use the overhead (middle) seat belt strap makes it a huge pain to set up because with that seat belt, the part that goes over the lap needs to be connected to a separate buckle, which ends up being completely under the child seat. You can't use the right seat belt strap in the middle buckle either as its a different size...

Boggles my mind why FCA would do this. Why not have the anchors installed symmetrically on both outer seats.

I hope this doesn't become an issue for anyone else. Its a huge issue for us.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 12:28 PM

IIRC from the manual, the "middle" anchor can be used by a seat in the outboard position, with the tether strap going at an angle.

Grand Rapids, MI
2017 PHEV Pacifica Platinum
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by severum View Post
Hello,

Can someone who owns a hybrid Pacifica or has seen one in a showroom comment on its car seat capacity? Local dealers don't know...We have a young family that needs 3 rear facing car seats. How many rear facing anchor points does the Pacifica come with? As well, how many rear tethers does it come with for forward facing car seats?

We are considering removing one of the second row seats so we can have good access to 2 rear facing car seats in the third row and 1 rear facing in the car seat in the second row.

If this configuration doesn't work we'll probably have to check the hybrid off our list. I know the Odessy and the Pilot both come with 6 sets of anchors and tethers.

Thanks!
You could have 4 rear facing. 2 middle 2 rear. No problem. I have 2 in the middle currently, but had 2 in the rear once.

The Hybrid middle seats can slide forward and back like the old T&C did, so you can slide them way back and have room for rear facing without having the front seats way forward.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 02:26 PM

I've got a forward and rear facing in the middle, and I don't think there should be any issue on capacity here. I believe I saw the latch points in rear as well.

Last edited by invaderc1; 05-10-2017 at 02:28 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

We have the click connect rear facing child seats with the bases both in the third row. What we found is that when the second row seat is folded and moved up, the child seat barely makes it through without rubbing on the seat or the side of the car. With a 20 pound baby in there I imagine it would be very difficult for my wife and even me to raise the seat and manoeuver it through.

We plan to experiment with a few configurations this weekend to see what would work best for us. As it is now, a 5-seater minivan is not cutting it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page