2018 Pacifica Hybrid Add After Market Power Folding Mirrors - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Add After Market Power Folding Mirrors

Does anyone have any suggestions how to cheaply add power folding, heated, power adjustable mirrors onto the 2018 Pacifica Hybrid? My wife and I just picked it up and it won't fit in the garage without at least one mirror folded. Even with one mirror folded, we have to make multiple adjustments pulling in, and then we risk hitting the sides of the garage. We are trying to figure out if there is some way to add the power folding feature aftermarket. Things we have considered:

1. Replace entire doors on both sides with a 2018 Pacifica door which has the power folding functionality
2. Replace just the mirrors and button panel with a 2018 Pacifica power folding mirror and button set
3. Buy aftermarket, third-party mirrors and replace the piece of solid plastic where the button is supposed to be with an actual button

Does anyone have any other suggestions or any info they can provide on how we might accomplish any of the above ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 09:30 AM

Garage
At the very least you should remove "cheaply" from your request.
Getting factory service manual will be a good first step. It will help to determine if the wiring for the power folding mirrors is there. My guess that it is not. Next task will be to locate a suitable circuit from the power window harness. The manual should help.
I doubt that an aftermarket mirror exists, you will need to get it from Chrysler. Connecting the driver side mirror should be easy, running another wire in the passenger door can be difficult. Maybe a wireless relay will be a better solution.
Have you priced the mirrors?
pachyderm likes this.
post #3 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 09:51 AM

I understand the situation. Since the gas Pacifica exists with the above functionality, you should be able to price out all the components including wiring and switches, etc. At the very least you would need new mirrors. I don?t think you need a new door (that?s a bit too much lol). Be aware that the factory warranty of the related equipment and hardware / electricals, etc will be void after any such modifications.
Keep a budget somewhere between 5-10k and decide if it?s worth it.

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.

Last edited by Bond007; 10-06-2017 at 09:55 AM.

post #4 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 10:18 AM

Garage
5-10k? The mirrors are probably less than $500 a piece, everything else should be cheaper. I don't know if I'd try to replace the harnesses, unless I could find a crashed van I could use as a donor.. Need to study both gas and hybrid schematics to see the difference because it may not be possible. The warranty would be the least of my concerns.
post #5 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, my main concern is lack of electronics / wiring within the vehicle from one door to the other. I think that would be the hardest part to cover with trying to do it after market.

One thing I did note, however, is that the Owners Manual for the Hybrid actually has a section on "Power Folding Mirrors, If Installed". I'm wondering if that means they plan to add it at some point on future production runs? I also checked other missing features from the gas version and they don't have manual entries for those things. For example, there is no manual entry for power folding seats. This makes me think that including the instructions for the power folding mirrors in the hybrid manual was not simply an oversight.
post #6 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 11:53 PM

I also took note of the power folding mirrors in the hybrid owner's manual and I found that curious. It's hard to say if that indicates some future intention or just some less than 100% careful editing of the gas Pacifica manual - which I assume is the base product. I tend to suspect the latter.

I am reasonably certain that by purchasing the gas model power folding mirrors and the driver's door switch that supports it and some highly custom wiring, you could pull it off, but it would be very difficult. You may be able to find someone who does custom car work that could pull it off, but again, neither easy nor cheap.
post #7 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-07-2017, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seo68 View Post
I also took note of the power folding mirrors in the hybrid owner's manual and I found that curious. It's hard to say if that indicates some future intention or just some less than 100% careful editing of the gas Pacifica manual - which I assume is the base product. I tend to suspect the latter.

I am reasonably certain that by purchasing the gas model power folding mirrors and the driver's door switch that supports it and some highly custom wiring, you could pull it off, but it would be very difficult. You may be able to find someone who does custom car work that could pull it off, but again, neither easy nor cheap.
I will say when I added audio controls to my truck even though it didn't have them. The connectors were there to plugin to the harness. I just had to open the steering wheel, pull the airbag and take a brace off, and it was there. Just plugged in the half I had for the buttons and it worked with no further setup. I wonder if they do something similar. The reason I say that is the mirrors are already heated. Your just adding the motor function and button inside the driver door. So maybe the connectors are in there as it would be cheaper to mass produce a single harness for all.
post #8 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-07-2017, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky_san View Post
I will say when I added audio controls to my truck even though it didn't have them. The connectors were there to plugin to the harness. I just had to open the steering wheel, pull the airbag and take a brace off, and it was there. Just plugged in the half I had for the buttons and it worked with no further setup. I wonder if they do something similar. The reason I say that is the mirrors are already heated. Your just adding the motor function and button inside the driver door. So maybe the connectors are in there as it would be cheaper to mass produce a single harness for all.
Good points. Keep us posted, OP. I don't want to be the guinea pig on this one but if you pull it off I'm going to be tempted to give it a try. Doubly so if someone manages to get memory seats working on the hybrid
post #9 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-07-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
Good points. Keep us posted, OP. I don't want to be the guinea pig on this one but if you pull it off I'm going to be tempted to give it a try. Doubly so if someone manages to get memory seats working on the hybrid
On the topic of memory seats... I was doing online searches for Pacifica memory seat modules. I found lots for the old original Pacificas for 04 and up... but nothing for the new van. I wonder if the new Pacifica uses a memory module or if it's controlled by some other computer. I was hoping it could be as simple as buying a module and some button assemblies... but apparently not.
pachyderm likes this.
post #10 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-07-2017, 04:29 PM
DRZ

Do you know a good contractor that could look at the possibility of widening the framing to your garage and then installing a bigger garage door? That might be an easier/better solution until they make the hybrid with power folding mirrors... Even then, it's much easier pulling in and out with the mirrors extended.

CHRYSLER PACIFICA LIMITED
Exterior Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat Exterior
Interior Color: Black / Diesel Interior Colors
Engine: 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine with ESS,
Customer Preferred Package 27P, Uconnect® Theater w/
20-Speaker Harman Kardon Sound Goup,
Advanced SafetyTec Group, KeySense, 20" Wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page