5Likes
  • 2 Post By Car Dr.
  • 1 Post By DillyDally
  • 2 Post By DillyDally

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Full plugin charged battery

Hi,
I bought my hybrid limited 2 weeks back.one concern I see is, the mileage of the fully charged battery. As per Chrysler it is supposed to be up to 33miles. But mine came between 10-12 miles. The % of battery drained pretty fast.just want to check if it's the same with others as well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 11:06 PM

Garage
Do you live where its very cold? And are you using the heater a bunch?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 11:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyjs7 View Post
Hi,
I bought my hybrid limited 2 weeks back.one concern I see is, the mileage of the fully charged battery. As per Chrysler it is supposed to be up to 33miles. But mine came between 10-12 miles. The % of battery drained pretty fast.just want to check if it's the same with others as well?
Can you describe the driving conditions at the time?

Like what kind of roads and speeds, was it cold, raining, heater on max, lots of idling with accessories etc.

-2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
-British Columbia Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 11:30 AM

I have noticed that the use of the heater and higher speeds are main contributors to shorter distances on electric only range. Where the Pacifica really shines is city driving. I can go much farther if I choose the city route to work vs the highway route.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
hillgiant and m0ebius604 like this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 12:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Dr. View Post
I have noticed that the use of the heater and higher speeds are main contributors to shorter distances on electric only range. Where the Pacifica really shines is city driving. I can go much farther if I choose the city route to work vs the highway route.

I hadn't thought about things in quite this way before. That totally makes sense and makes me realize I should reconsider some of my driving patterns. If its going to take about the same amount of time but you get that regen braking in and can stay electric, its definitely something to consider!
m0ebius604 likes this.

2019 Pachy Limited S - black on black on black, Safetytec, no sunroof
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 12:55 PM

In cold weather, losing 20-30% range (ie..20 miles driven range) is fairly common, but if you are only getting 10...12miles total?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 01:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyjs7 View Post
Hi,
Do some searching around on this forum. You'll find several owners who have done a lot of tracking to determine just how much the heater and other accessories can effect your electric range. The cold is definitely a big factor. I think that some people who live in especially cold climates double their range once spring hits.

On one of the Facebook groups, they often talk about a special trick someone figured out: While your vehicle is still plugged in, press the start button twice without placing your foot on the brake. Accessory mode turns on and you can turn on your heat, warming up your vehicle while still plugged in. Electric heat allows for the heat to run immediately unlike in gas cars. When you are warm, turn off the heat and only use seat warmer and steering wheel warmer. This will get you extra electric range. Using remote start will turn on your ICE to heat things up.

One other tip is to schedule your charging so that its just finishing when you will need to drive. This way the battery and components are warmed up from the act of charging and will need less added heat.
mark and rakeshrl like this.

2019 Pachy Limited S - black on black on black, Safetytec, no sunroof
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 04:51 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Dr. View Post

These are things I had never thought of, with respect to mpg on the PacHy. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page