Heated Seats not very warm - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2018, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Heated Seats not very warm

just got our 2019 pachy limited. Seats seemed hot when I drove it home, This morning and on several trips today even on HI it was not very warm at all.

I've had heated seats in many vehicles. Many required you to turn down the heated seat because it was too hot. The sides of the hip area are cold, and the bottom are hardly warm. I turned on the passenger one, and after 5 minutes, didn't even feel warm.

I think LO was warmer than HI.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2018, 09:28 PM

I've noticed sometime the seats get pretty hot, and other times just seem warm... even though it's set on high.

I haven't paid enough attention to notice a pattern yet

Today I was driving off the battery with the seat heater, but with the climate "off"... seat was only warm.
After the battery went to <1% and the ICE/hybrid mode kicked in, I turned the climate control back on.... and I noticed the seat got pretty hot.... so... yeah, not sure why

I think there may be a time-out... so it's hot at first, and then reduces.... not sure though. And/or maybe it doesn't get as hot if the car is running off the batter only?

I will say... the steering wheel gets hot!
Old 12-15-2018, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minivan=MegaFun View Post
I've noticed sometime the seats get pretty hot, and other times just seem warm... even though it's set on high.

I haven't paid enough attention to notice a pattern yet

Today I was driving off the battery with the seat heater, but with the climate "off"... seat was only warm.
After the battery went to <1% and the ICE/hybrid mode kicked in, I turned the climate control back on.... and I noticed the seat got pretty hot.... so... yeah, not sure why

I think there may be a time-out... so it's hot at first, and then reduces.... not sure though. And/or maybe it doesn't get as hot if the car is running off the batter only?

I will say... the steering wheel gets hot!
so i remote started it this morning, let is run for 10 minutes, then went outside to figure out how to work all the uconnect stuff, seat heater was on HI, engine running, it slowly increased from cold to hot, but it took 30 minutes.

I only have a 5 minute commute, Heck I can get to any edge of our city in 15 minutes from any other spot.

This seat heater is horribly lacking. Any way a uconnect update could fix that? I'll have to see.

Yes the steering wheel gets nice and toasty. Does yours have a stupid plastic silver ring on the front of the steering wheel like my pachy with S package does?

Old 12-15-2018, 08:33 PM

Yes... I also have that metallic (plastic?) ring.

It's very upscale looking... just don't touch it
Bond007 likes this.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:23 PM

My seat get pretty hot so that I end up turning it down sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

yeah i would say the seat is never hot to the point that i need to turn it down. any way to test this? I haven't ridden in the passenger seat, but my wife said it got hot for her.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:48 AM
DRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
My seat get pretty hot so that I end up turning it down sooner.

Ditto for me.

CHRYSLER PACIFICA LIMITED
Exterior Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat Exterior
Interior Color: Black / Diesel Interior Colors
Engine: 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine with ESS,
Customer Preferred Package 27P, Uconnectģ Theater w/
20-Speaker Harman Kardon Sound Goup,
Advanced SafetyTec Group, KeySense, 20" Wheels
Old 12-16-2018, 04:52 PM

I have to admit mine gets really hot. I usually end up turning mine off. Iím in Minnesota!

Old 12-17-2018, 02:08 PM

I remember Chrysler lost a law suit a few years back where the heated seats were to hot. I remember reading about an update where they had to reduced the max heat from the heated seats.
Old 12-17-2018, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetisoldier View Post
I have to admit mine gets really hot. I usually end up turning mine off. Iím in Minnesota!

I'm going to the dealer sometime this week and going to sit in another one of their leather pacificas that's outside and cold and compare how long it takes to heat up.

My thinking is to compare seat temps with one of those cheap laser temp guns at 5 min and 10 min from ice cold. Compare mine to another one, if its drastically different, we know something isn't working right.....right?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in