Lots of random issues lately, engine start/stop , rear climate access, etc - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Lots of random issues lately, engine start/stop , rear climate access, etc

We've loved our Pacifica since day one, even through the 22 day warranty repair back in May'ish we couldn't wait to get back into it. However here lately, the van is picking us apart.
  • A month ago we noticed we noticed that during idle (we have newborns so we idle a bit more than we have in the past), that engine will start run for 1 second and immediately shut off and keeping doing this endlessly every 15 seconds or so. Running for 1 second then shutting off is incredibly pointless. Sometimes if I shut down and restart this will go away, but this maybe 1 out 10 times it will go away. I have this on video and will get it uploaded here shortly.
  • I saw in another post that you can hit start twice to keep it on electric warming up, although van technically isn't running. This allows you to remove it out of park and put it in any gear. Van rolls freely with no power. I haven't tried this with the key removed from vehicle but seems like this is a bit of a safety concern.
  • No rear climate access, we keep our rear climate always locked. Other day my wife noticed passenger side was hotter than drivers side so we went into climate app. No rear access. Not sure how long this has been like this but pretty annoying. We've checked it on and off over last 4 days with no luck. Not sure when or how long this has been happening. As of right now only way to change rear climate is by adjusting the front because last setting was "Sync w/ front"

attached are two photos, one of the owners man and one of our screen. You can see top right we're missing rear climate.

please excuse my wife and kid talking. We were waiting for a fast food order. Use the dash to visually see the engine on/off.

recap in video:
engine starts at :03
engine stops at :06
engine starts at :20
engine stops at :24

it continue this until i got annoyed enough to turn off ignition, however I've seen it go on like this 3-4 times a minute for over 5mins.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181215_155622.jpg (200.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 20181215_155733.jpg (239.3 KB, 28 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 08:53 AM

Thanks for the video, the first issue is exactly what I'm experiencing as well on my 2018 Touring Plus.
I also have U73 and U90 done.

Your second issue is certainly concerning, but wouldn't this happen with any other vehicle when the ignition is on Run?

I'll keep an eye out for the rear climate, I did see it disappear once after the latest UConnect update, but it re-appeared since.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacompas View Post
Thanks for the video, the first issue is exactly what I'm experiencing as well on my 2018 Touring Plus.
I also have U73 and U90 done.

Your second issue is certainly concerning, but wouldn't this happen with any other vehicle when the ignition is on Run?

I'll keep an eye out for the rear climate, I did see it disappear once after the latest UConnect update, but it re-appeared since.
I know we've been in twice, once in Sept for recall update and then again in Nov. Not sure if they did any updates then....to be honest I never even got a receipt leaving. They were super busy and told me they would email it....but never did. Last service repair was worse we've ever had.

I agree this would happen with any other vehicle, however since it doesn't apply power is it suppose to let out of park? Maybe this is the secret way to tow the vehicle when it bricks and locks all 4 wheels? lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page