2019 pachy limited, is this 3g or lte? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

2019 pachy limited, is this 3g or lte?

I'm thinking of enabling the wifi hotspot for $10 a month. Already an ATT customer. Would make casting to a chromecast for the backseats much easier. Don't have to enable hotspot on one phone, then control it with another. My wife or myself could cast with just 1 phone if we're going on a solo trip with the kids.

Anyways, does my vehicle have a 4g LTE hotspot ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 10:24 PM

4g lte. I'm curious on how you are going to Chromecast to the rear. I plugged in my Chromecast in the back and couldn't get it working in 5 minutes....then I broke it (fortunately just it and not the HDMI port).

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffen707 View Post
I'm thinking of enabling the wifi hotspot for $10 a month. Already an ATT customer. Would make casting to a chromecast for the backseats much easier. Don't have to enable hotspot on one phone, then control it with another. My wife or myself could cast with just 1 phone if we're going on a solo trip with the kids.

Anyways, does my vehicle have a 4g LTE hotspot ?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jejunum View Post
4g lte. I'm curious on how you are going to Chromecast to the rear. I plugged in my Chromecast in the back and couldn't get it working in 5 minutes....then I broke it (fortunately just it and not the HDMI port).
Dang!

I hooked up chromecast to my tv, from phone 1, setup a wifi hotspot.

from phone 2 connect to wifi from phone 1, added google home, found the chromecast, set it up to use wifi from phone 1. it updated and i could cast things from phone 2 to the chromecast on my tv in the house.

Then i went to the van
plugged chromecast hdmi into backseat display, and the usb cable for power into the same seatback that came with the chromecast.

Turned car on, when to uconnect theatre, clicked input, hdmi1, went to youtube on phone 2, clicked the cast button, and it showed up on the rear screen. while not moving, you can watch the content on the dash and click "listen in" to also hear the content from the van's sound system.

Worked like a charm, but I'm planning to replace phone 1 with the wifi hotspot from the van

I tried the mirroring of my phone with uconnect and it was SLOW AND LAGGY. So much that i just abandoned the notion to make it work.

Also I recommend this hdmi cable. Have not used it yet, but i'm hoping it reduces the risk my 4 year old will kick the hdmi plug of the chromecast and break it off in the seat. I think this is facing the right way. skinny end of the hdmi cable to the left, with cable hanging down.

HEY! i'll put it into the other chair of my 2 year old. Less likely to get broken off. Too bad there isn't a hdmi port in the front of the van.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by steffen707; 12-17-2018 at 10:35 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page