Low Temperature ICE Behavior - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By fuelscience

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Low Temperature ICE Behavior

In the past few weeks weve had a few cold (below freezing) mornings here in Nashville, and I thought Id pass on the behavior Ive observed.

Upon leaving my garage (temperature usually above 50F), the ICE is off. As soon as the outdoor temperature reading on the dash reaches 32F, the ICE turns on. The ICE stays on until the cooling water temperature reaches 168F (about 75C) and then shuts off. The ICE says off until the temperature drops to something below 120F before restarting. My trips this morning werent long enough for the water temperature to drop that low, and I cant remember the exact number from a few weeks ago.

Dont know if someone has already reported this, or if it differs with the experience of others, but I thought Id pass it on.
mark likes this.

2018 Pacific Hybrid Limited, Velvet Red Pearl Coat. 2014 Volt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 09:30 PM

Garage
This is perfectly normal.

*** 2019 Hybrid Limited ***
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 07:24 AM

Fuelscience, you are overthinking your morning trips.
Although you could measure your exhaust gas temperature both at the converter and at the tailpipe and let us know.
Rendler spindle lag times and spool up speeds would also be interesting.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 10:58 AM

There is a known issue right now with some hybrids getting oscillating between gas/electric. Mine is doing this and does it more so when its colder out. There are multiple threads about this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by inis View Post
There is a known issue right now with some hybrids getting oscillating between gas/electric. Mine is doing this and does it more so when its colder out. There are multiple threads about this.
I know that this is normal. I just didn't know if anyone had identified the water temperature numbers.

2018 Pacific Hybrid Limited, Velvet Red Pearl Coat. 2014 Volt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page