2019-Hybrid: Gas Funnel oddity - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2019, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

2019-Hybrid: Gas Funnel oddity

Asking *2019* Pacifica Hybrid owners:
do you (still) have your “White Gas funnel”?

We took delivery of our PacHyb this week, and two salespeople at the dealership said the place to store it was the tiny compartment on the LEFT side of the trunk, above the empty compartment where the car-vacuum ‘would’ been. We did that with them, at the dealership.

Today we were organizing the trunk and I checked the compartment, and just the (2019) “green pull lever for the manual release of the locked fuel door” is in that compartment. No fuel funnel, anymore.

We are thinking it must have fallen through into the cavity of the minivan, as we can put our hand (and a long stick!) into the wide open hole in the back of that compartment. (“Black hole” sucked the funnel away!) 😞 Not a great car design?!?

I’m thinking this is ONLY on the 2019 (and only on the Hybrid, since the non-hybrids have a compartment on the RIGHT side of the trunk meant Just for the funnel.)

Or just me, and we have this one PacHyb with the curved hole there? (Good thing we didn’t also store our small flashlight there as planned). Or, was/is there a different place we were supposed to store the funnel?

I’ll research further, but didn’t see this issue mentioned on this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2019, 11:53 PM

You got to check all those little things during delivery. The dealership is not going to inspect all cars every single time. They assume it is present in all cars, or it may get lost or misplaced during inspections / test drives. It'll be difficult to agree them to provide it free after a few weeks or months of ownership. Mine wasn't there on delivery (on a custom ordered car) and they ordered it immediately and gave me in a couple days.

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Right. We confirmed we had the white funnel during the delivery walkthrough (thanks to this forum for the “delivery checklist” post).

I am noting the funnel is Now “not found”.

We are concluding it fell through the hole in the (2019 Hybrid) tiny compartment: to the outside if the other end is open to the ground, or into the cavity of the van.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:40 AM

I see. So there is an opening there in the space. That’s weird. The gasser doesn’t have one.
You can ask the dealership to check it for you. In this case they should provide a free replacement if they can’t retrieve it from the inside of van. I don’t think that opening would be open to outside. That doesn’t make any sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-06-2019, 10:43 AM

You can buy a replacement on Amazon for $7.

https://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-FloTo.../dp/B00S66BUAE

I sometimes fill the tank from a gas can and wanted an extra one for the garage so I did not have to use the one in the van. This one works great.
ProfJonathan likes this.

2017 Pacifica Limited (built May 2016)
Vacuum delete, KeySense and Tow
Old 01-07-2019, 11:22 AM

Ours came in the glovebox. I'm not saying it teleported in your case, but it doesn't hurt to look.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Touring Plus
2019 Nissan Leaf SL 40kWh
Old 01-07-2019, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

🙂 I confirmed that “teleportation” didn’t come with the van (as, nope the missing funnel isn’t in the front glove box.)

So, I still think the 2019 Hybrid does come with the free bonus “black hole” feature, installed in the tiny Left side Trunk compartment.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:30 PM

Hmm... I didn't get that funnel either.

I guess I should purchase one? What's it for, just in case I have to fill up on the side of the road from a gas can?

2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
Advanced SafetyTec Group
Tri–Pane Panoramic Sunroof
18–Inch x 7.5–Inch Polished Aluminum Wheels
Build date 10/25/2018
Old 01-07-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minivan=MegaFun View Post
Hmm... I didn't get that funnel either.

I guess I should purchase one? What's it for, just in case I have to fill up on the side of the road from a gas can?

Okay. You should forget about it for now. Even for a gas car it will be an occasional use when you need to fill from a can. I never had to do it in any of my cars in so many years of driving, not saying I will never need it but still, and you have a hybrid. . Talk about irony. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-10-2019, 06:23 PM

I used that space to store a personal item, which went down that hole. I'd really like to retrieve it. If anybody knows how to access that space, I'd appreciate some some instructions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in