Seat and steering heater doesn't work 1st time of the day - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Seat and steering heater doesn't work 1st time of the day

I've been seeing this behavior on my 2018 limited. During winter, whenever I start my vehicle for the 1st time of the day, when it's cold outside, the seat and steering heater doesn't work throughout the drive. When I start the vehicle 2nd time of the day, it works fine. Anyone else came across this issue? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 07:03 PM

In the manual:
Once the heated
steering wheel has been turned on, it will operate for an
average of 80 minutes or more before automatically shutting
off. This time may vary depending on the temperature
of the environment. The heated steering wheel can shut off
early or may not turn on when the steering wheel is
already warm.

Seats: If the HI-level setting is selected, the system will automatically
switch to LO-level after approximately 60 minutes of
continuous operation. At that time, the display will change
from HI to LO, indicating the change. The LO-level setting
will turn off automatically after approximately 45 minutes.
induslad likes this.

2018 Limited Gas
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by induslad View Post
I've been seeing this behavior on my 2018 limited. During winter, whenever I start my vehicle for the 1st time of the day, when it's cold outside, the seat and steering heater doesn't work throughout the drive. When I start the vehicle 2nd time of the day, it works fine. Anyone else came across this issue? Thanks in advance!

When they don't work, is that when they've activated automatically due to cold outside temperature, or when you've manually activated them through the buttons on the Uconnect screen? Are the icons at the top of the screen showing up for the seat and wheel heaters, but they're just not generating heat?
induslad likes this.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
In the manual:

Once the heated

steering wheel has been turned on, it will operate for an

average of 80 minutes or more before automatically shutting

off. This time may vary depending on the temperature

of the environment. The heated steering wheel can shut off

early or may not turn on when the steering wheel is

already warm.

Seats: If the HI-level setting is selected, the system will automatically

switch to LO-level after approximately 60 minutes of

continuous operation. At that time, the display will change

from HI to LO, indicating the change. The LO-level setting

will turn off automatically after approximately 45 minutes.
Thanks but none of those cases apply in my situation as I'm starting my vehicle in the morning which gives enough time to cool down.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arteitle View Post
When they don't work, is that when they've activated automatically due to cold outside temperature, or when you've manually activated them through the buttons on the Uconnect screen? Are the icons at the top of the screen showing up for the seat and wheel heaters, but they're just not generating heat?
Icons doesn't show up as well as heating doesn't work at all whenever I start the vehicle in the morning. It will not work throughout the drive. I drove as long as 20 mins. When I'll start the vehicle again 2nd time, it'll work without any issue. I do park my car inside the garage, but even garage temperature goes well below the threshold where it should kick off heated seat and steering.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Thanks but none of those cases apply in my situation as I'm starting my vehicle in the morning which gives enough time to cool down.

Then it is a dealer issue.
induslad likes this.

2018 Limited Gas
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 09:50 PM

Have you tried turning them on? In my garage itís just warm enough they will come on sometimes on their own but not most of the time. If they donít I turn them on. If they donít come on when you start the van they wonít come on while driving unless you turn them on
induslad likes this.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisonDave View Post
Have you tried turning them on? In my garage itís just warm enough they will come on sometimes on their own but not most of the time. If they donít I turn them on. If they donít come on when you start the van they wonít come on while driving unless you turn them on
Manually turning them on works but I expect them to turn on when the temperature is in teens

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Icons doesn't show up as well as heating doesn't work at all whenever I start the vehicle in the morning. It will not work throughout the drive. I drove as long as 20 mins. When I'll start the vehicle again 2nd time, it'll work without any issue. I do park my car inside the garage, but even garage temperature goes well below the threshold where it should kick off heated seat and steering.

I'm still not clear, is the issue that they don't come on automatically when you expect them to, or that you try to manually turn them on using the buttons in Uconnect and nothing happens?

Edit: never mind, I just saw your reply above mine. Can you note what the Uconnect display says the outside temperature is the moment you start the car? My experience is also that in the garage it's a bit warmer than outside and they don't always come on automatically when I'd prefer, but it's not hard to do it manually then.
induslad likes this.

Last edited by arteitle; 01-13-2019 at 10:24 PM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arteitle View Post
I'm still not clear, is the issue that they don't come on automatically when you expect them to, or that you try to manually turn them on using the buttons in Uconnect and nothing happens?

Edit: never mind, I just saw your reply above mine. Can you note what the Uconnect display says the outside temperature is the moment you start the car? My experience is also that in the garage it's a bit warmer than outside and they don't always come on automatically when I'd prefer, but it's not hard to do it manually then.
For my 2017 gas van, 40F (and colder) is the outside temperature that the van has to register for the automatic comfort settings to turn on the heated seats. (I don't have a heated steering wheel.) For the heated seats to come on without pressing the icon, the auto-on comfort setting has to be checked in the UConnect screen under Uapps, settings, auto-on comfort, or something like that. If the van is parked outside and it's cold enough, the heated seats will come on at first start.

I doubt if my garage temperature will ever be cold enough for the seats to turn on automatically in the garage, but once I am driving down the road, the heated seats will come on if it is cold enough (40F or less) outside.
induslad likes this.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page