Just got the U73 "urgent safety recall by mail. - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Just got the U73 "urgent safety recall by mail.

Should I have it done?? It seems that there are still problems. I almost never charge the battery; I run hybrid mode mostly. No known problems with car and I don't want any!

Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETE LOWELL View Post
Should I have it done?? It seems that there are still problems. I almost never charge the battery; I run hybrid mode mostly. No known problems with car and I don't want any!

Pete

The recall sounds serious.
I seem to have no recalls on my car. This means the fix has been applied before it shipped. I wouldn’t be afraid of having it installed. My car has had no issues, except a weird thing that Chrysler said is normal, which doesn’t present any problem.

So far so good, my PacHy is Practically perfect like Mary Poppins.

2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited, S Appearance Package, Black inside and out, Advanced SafetyTec Group, Tri-Pane Panoramic Sunroof.
Delivered: Thanksgiving Eve, 2018 - Purchased From "Ferman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram - Tampa" - State Road 54, Lutz, FL
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 12:42 AM

That weird thing being...?

2019 PacHy Limited
Ocean Blue "S"
Safety pack
Pany Roof

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Pete
I don't have a hybrid, but it seems like there was a problem with the U73 recall on the hybrids and a different recall might have been issued to fix problems that arose. So if you take the van in to the dealer and they say there is a newer recall U94 for a similar issue don't be surprised. There was also a U87 recall on some 2018 Pacificas. If you put your VIN in the Mopar website there should be a place to find out current recalls for your van.

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehic...ls/search.html
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum...to_threadtools

If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc.) in the signature line of the UserCP it might help others assist you.
Maybe @AZBean or @m0ebius604 can make suggestions regarding hybrid recalls.

You can also private message @ChryslerCares by clicking on the red letters of @ChryslerCares .

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Last edited by SciTchr; 01-15-2019 at 01:21 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 06:28 AM

Yes, get it done. The issues with this recall have been corrected and as far as anyone is aware there are no problems associated with it anymore, apart from the battery cooling fan running more frequently and loudly during level 2 charging than before. The U94 recall will not be required, that is only for correcting the issues caused by the early, faulty version of U73.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 10:45 AM

What @arteitle said is correct. In addition, the estimated mileage on the dashboard after a full charge will change from around 38 miles to 34 miles. The actual mileage you get won't change, just the estimate. If either that or the issue of the battery cooling running frequently and loudly during level 2 charging will bother you then I don't see any strong reason to do this recall. The recall is supposed to fix a very rare problem with the cruise control, but actually they changed some other non-advertised stuff too. Of course if you ever take it in for service the dealer will insist on doing the recall.

2018 Molten Silver Pacifica Hybrid Limited purchased Nov 30, 2017.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Pete
@PETE LOWELL Did you see the posts by @arteitle and @AZBean ?
@arteitle and @AZBean Thanks for helping @PETE LOWELL out.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 12:21 AM

Garage
I was very reluctant to have it done on my hybrid, and wasn't planning to do it. However, I had to take the van to the dealer a couple of weeks ago because of a problem with the driver's side LED parking light strip. They reminded me that it had a recall pending, and they told me they hadn't heard of any problems after doing the recall on their customers' vans. I had it done, and haven't had any problems. There is no fan noise when I do level 2 charging, either. My range is down from 34 to about 30 on the display, but that happened well before the recall work was done. It happened as soon as the weather started getting colder. I'm just glad I didn't get the recall done when it was first available!

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I guess I will have it done at next oil change.

Pete

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page