Battery usage increasing instead of decreasing - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By tbier

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Battery usage increasing instead of decreasing

I have seen other posts on here about the cold weather affecting battery usage. It has been super cold (in Canada) so I understand the decreased mileage. Mine is doing something else weird though - the battery will show say 85%...then increase slowly to 92% or so...and I can tell that I am using gas so am obviously not driving on the battery.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cath View Post
I have seen other posts on here about the cold weather affecting battery usage. It has been super cold (in Canada) so I understand the decreased mileage. Mine is doing something else weird though - the battery will show say 85%...then increase slowly to 92% or so...and I can tell that I am using gas so am obviously not driving on the battery.
Has anyone else experienced this?
When the gas engine is running it charges the battery when it can. The regenerative brakes charge it as well.

2019 Hybrid Limited Black with bird poop accents, S Package, Froot Loops, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, it was overcast
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frig View Post
When the gas engine is running it charges the battery when it can. The regenerative brakes charge it as well.
I would also think that as you drive it, the battery warms up and with warmth comes increased chemical activity and therefore more battery power.

2018 Touring L
Collapsible spare tire kit
WeatherTech window deflectors, floor mats, and cargo liner
State-issued Vietnam Veteran License plate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

I understand that part...but the battery doesn't decrease while I drive. This morning it showed I drove 19 kms...all on gas. So the battery doesn't decrease but I am using gas the whole time..
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 12:29 PM

If the outside temp is below a certain point and you use HVAC it will run the engine even with 100% charge. If you have the engine running for this reason it will charge the battery if its less than 100%.
Frig likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page