2018 versus 2019 PACHY - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By Newfoundland

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
2018 versus 2019 PACHY

Hi all,
Apologies if there is another thread for owners that have traded in an older PACHY for a newer one, but I wanted to mention my take on the first 100 miles this last couple days using a 2019.
I bought a new 2018 Touring L PACHY last October and after just 3.5 months, found myself trading it in for a 2019! I love these vans and they still are the only passenger vans generally sold in America that are plug-in and hybrid.
The 2018 was fantastic, but I realized I wanted the extras that come with the Limited. With the original purchaser getting the tax rebate of $7,500 for each new one each calendar year, and being able to get enough on the trade-in, it made sense for me personally and my net loss for 5000 miles and upgrading to a newer year was only about $2000. I did pay a bit more since I upgraded to the limited, but in the end, my net increased cost was about 5-6K and very worth it.
First of all, there seems to be a major change in the sound of the ICE when it is running. My 2018 had a "howl" to it whenever engaged and not needing much power to be used. I was told this was partially the engine changing how much fuel was used (and possibly how many pistons being used or exhaust outlets?) so that when I heard the howl, it was the sound of saving pennies on gas. However I really didn't care for that sound. Whatever the reason for the change, the 2019 did NOT have this same sound from the engine that I have noticed, which is a great improvement for us that like quiet from a hybrid plug-in.
I also noticed by changing from Touring L to Limited with the 18 inch tires, is seems to be just a slight change in steering. Nothing wrong with the old one, but slight change is "easier"? Hard to explain, sorry.
All those extras with the Limited are really nice, including the perforated leather seats that have cooling fan mode, heated steering wheel, passenger seat power controls, memory position for the driver seat x2 memory settings. Having the tri-pane skylight is cool and will be more enjoyed in the summer. It is more convenient having the DVD/CD disc in the dash rather than as part of the drop down dvd player I had in the 2018 for 2nd row passengers.
The surround camera is really nice for the close quarters parking and maneuvering.
I have not tried the self parking yet.
The extra all-weather rubber matting was not wanted but came with the vehicle, and I actually think I might keep it in place until better weather when I can put down the regular carpet runners that also came with the vehicle. The cargo mat is a real plus that perfectly fits when 2nd row seats are removed and 3rd row are folded down. This would seem to the observer to be a minor and inexpensive extra liner that was included, but it makes a big difference for someone with animals or wanting to move lots of cargo that may not be clean.
The main reason for upgrading was the safety tech suite. With distance pacing, and automatic braking in emergencies, cross traffic alerts, and lane guidance feature in case I accidentally start swerving too close to the line on the left or right side, and the steering puts me back in my lane automatically! I tried the distance pacing cruise in moderately changing speeds of traffic and was amazed at this technology. It's too bad all vehicles don't come with this safety tech suite as standard. I can imaging it would cut accidents by 50%!
The center screen many more options in different categories and I will look forward to moving these around so I don't have to go to the 3rd screen to get to hybrid engine monitoring feature. The 2018 had that app easier to find without moving through 3 screens. Just moving the ones that you don't use often to the 2nd and 3rd screen swipes should fix this inconvenience. Overall, the center monitor touch screen is quite intuitive and easy to use.
The vehicle is just as smooth and comfortable as the earlier year. But I did notice the much quieter engine as mentioned above.
Just a few notes of first impressions going from a 2018 Touring L to a 2019 Limited with all the bells and features.
Has anyone else noticed changes/upgrades they have found interesting or useful in a 2019?
RC Mike, Frig and rudiger like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 05:20 PM

We're getting very close to pulling the trigger and the choice for us will be a 2018 with the current incentive/greater dealer motivation to move them and the 2019 which will cost more but may have power folding mirrors. I say "may" because the window sticker of one I looked at online says it does have power folding mirrors but Chrysler's online configuration tool doesn't mention it. Also, I thought I had read somewhere that the 2019 has memory seats but I see no mention of that from Chrysler.

2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, granite crystal
2015 Volvo V60
2005 Honda Odyssey
1970 Camaro-original owner
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainesail View Post
We're getting very close to pulling the trigger and the choice for us will be a 2018 with the current incentive/greater dealer motivation to move them and the 2019 which will cost more but may have power folding mirrors. I say "may" because the window sticker of one I looked at online says it does have power folding mirrors but Chrysler's online configuration tool doesn't mention it. Also, I thought I had read somewhere that the 2019 has memory seats but I see no mention of that from Chrysler.
What trim level are you looking at? Memory seats and folding mirrors are only on the limited and hybrid limited, and for the latter only for 2019. You can find the mapping of features to trim levels in the brochure here: https://www.chrysler.com/gab.html

Last edited by arteitle; 02-21-2019 at 06:20 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arteitle View Post
What trim level are you looking at? Memory seats and folding mirrors are only on the limited and hybrid limited, and for the latter only for 2019. You can find the mapping of features to trim levels in the brochure here: https://www.chrysler.com/gab.html
I forgot to mention that we are looking at the Limited. The link you posted did list power folding mirrors as well as memory seats so thanks for that as it will help us in deciding which way to go.

2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, granite crystal
2015 Volvo V60
2005 Honda Odyssey
1970 Camaro-original owner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in