uConnet CarPlay - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
This deserves its own thread.

Here we can have conversations, report issues and fixes as iOS updates emerge.

Hopefully this will help owners have the most success using uConnect and avoid updates that are broken severely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacDave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ebius604 View Post
Are you using wired or wireless CarPlay?

I found no exact matches for this fault profile with ios12 problems. There is an extensive list of bugs however and people always blame the car first.

Warranty doesn’t cover connectivity issues, so worth looking at the phone first unless you’ve got deep pockets.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8354949

This is the closest conversation even if it’s the opposite issue. FWIW.
I’m using wired as it seems it’s the only way I can use CarPlay. I can use BT to make or take phone calls but wired is the only way I can use Apple maps. It’s not a big deal so I probably won’t pursue it. The reason it seems to be the van is that the van’s display indicates the volume has been reset although I realize that it could be a function that the phone controls.
Ok, I just updated to iOS 12.1.2 and experienced these issues for the first time.

Initially my Apple maps navigation was using a very generic computer voice and the volume was extremely loud. When I turned it down the next dictation was exactly the same loudness as the first.

This is was not the Siri voice.. it may have been the uConnect system voice but was very computerized.

Not being able to stand it I tried a bunch of things to no avail until I went to the extent of performing a DFU restore of the iOS.

Once my phone was all setup again and tried the apple maps it was fixed. However there are some new defects that remain in iOS 12.

My CarPlay text messaging is half from my phone and half from the car speakers.

The google Music app continually freezes transitioning from wifi to LTE. Requiring the cable to be disconnected and reconnected.

Siri launches and disappears. Requiring a second “Hey Siri”.

Siri launches but has no greeting and doesn’t mute radio.

Siri reports location services are not enabled when they are. This prevents queries like “where’s the closest coffee shop”

These where not an issue when I was on iOS 10.3.3, and the system worked flawless.

So yay for updates! Here’s to another “don’t fix it if it ain’t broke” scenario.

Why does apple have to go and change things that cause compatibility issues.

-2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
-British Columbia Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by m0ebius604; 02-16-2019 at 06:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
iOS 12.1.3 corrected the above issues

-British Columbia Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
iOS 12.1.3 update has fix many of my recent issues. Give it a try
iOS 12.1.4 has broken CarPlay again.

New issue during dictation which fails to read message and jumps straight to “would you like to reply” and hey Siri issue failing to mute during dictation.

This should be it’s own thread perhaps

I shouldn’t have upgraded from 10.3.3 haha

-British Columbia Canada

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Moved over from another thread

Quote:
iOS 12.1.3 update has fix many of my recent issues. Give it a try

iOS 12.1.4 has broken CarPlay again. New issue during dictation which fails to read message and jumps straight to “would you like to reply” and hey Siri issue failing to mute during dictation.

This should be it’s own thread perhaps

I shouldn’t have upgraded from 10.3.3 haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmit86 View Post
m0ebius604 -

This is OT for this thread, but have you had the issue where the incoming ring is inaudible or very soft over BlueTooth? (Not via CarPlay)

This happened on my wife's 2018 Pacifica Limited with Uconnect 4C NAV sometime around the intro of iOS 12. It worked fine before where the incoming ring tone would play via the cars speakers. I tested another Pacifica at my dealer, and it had the same issue. My 2019 Jeep Overland does NOT have this issue, although it's pretty much the same NAV.
I haven’t personally. Perhaps another member has

I tend to plug in while in the vehicle because I stream podcasts and music almost exclusively. No need to deplete my battery at the same time

-British Columbia Canada

Last edited by m0ebius604; 02-16-2019 at 06:56 PM.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Moved over from another thread

I haven’t personally. Perhaps another member has

I tend to plug in while in the vehicle because I stream podcasts and music almost exclusively. No need to deplete my battery at the same time
If possible, could you do a quick test of this using bluetooth, and see if the incoming call rings through the speakers?
Thanks!

2018 Pacifica S Limited
White/Black Interior
3.6L V6 Gas
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmit86 View Post
If possible, could you do a quick test of this using bluetooth, and see if the incoming call rings through the speakers?
Thanks!
Sure why not..

Try 1.. phone vibrated and heard faint ringing, turned up volume on uconnect and it was in the car speakers.. but to hear it I had to have the volume at almost 38. Realized my ringer was off.

Try 2 with ringer on and phone rings on both but the phones volume over powered the speakers until the volume was turned up again to 38.

Hope this helps

-British Columbia Canada

Last edited by m0ebius604; 02-16-2019 at 10:14 PM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 10:10 PM

I upgraded my phone and had the same problem, I just pulled the a couple fuses in the engine bay to "reset" it and oddly enough it works fine now

2018 Pacifica Limited Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Uconnect® Theater with Streaming and Sound
Interior Protection Package
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
8–Passenger Seating & 20–Inch Wheel Group
Delete Vacuum / Add Spare Tire
Front and Rear Splash Guards
Engine Block Heater
Wireless Charging Pad by Mopar
Lifetime Warranty w/ $100 Deductible
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
I upgraded my phone and had the same problem, I just pulled the a couple fuses in the engine bay to "reset" it and oddly enough it works fine now
Is that fuse 76?

-British Columbia Canada

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
Which problem? Not hearing the ringing through the speakers?

2018 Pacifica S Limited
White/Black Interior
3.6L V6 Gas
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Sure why not..

Try 1.. phone vibrated and heard faint ringing, turned up volume on uconnect and it was in the car speakers.. but to hear it I had to have the volume at almost 38. Realized my ringer was off.

Try 2 with ringer on and phone rings on both but the phones volume over powered the speakers until the volume was turned up again to 38.

Hope this helps
Thank you! This is exactly what I am seeing. It also happened on a new Pacifica on the showroom floor at my dealer.
To be clear, this is not working as designed, and the unit worked properly with audible rings through the speakers up until several months ago.

Now... waiting to see if the posting about Fuse F76 was referring to this same issue.

2018 Pacifica S Limited
White/Black Interior
3.6L V6 Gas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page