2019 I want to buy is in service dept - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

2019 I want to buy is in service dept

So this was strange:

After talking with several Internet sales departments via email, I visited a dealership outside of Portland to get a first hand look at a red Pacifica Hybrid. Red wasn't our first choice, but the deal was reasonable.

At the dealership, they literally couldn't find the car on the lot or in the satellite lots. It had disappeared.

When I later called the Internet sales guy, he solved the mystery: the car was in Service getting worked on. This is a brand new 2019 car with 12 miles on it.

I'm waiting to hear back from him on why it is being serviced and whether it's part of a broader recall.

Anyone have experience with this? What would you conclude from this? Questions you'd ask?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 10:33 PM

Could be that the dealer found something that wasnt caught in Pre Delivery Inspection and was taking care of it. On my van for example (and quite a few Pacificas Ive seen) the front doors were not properly aligned. I made sure the dealer made a service due bill to have them rectified after purchase.

Maybe your dealer found something like that and decided to fix it. Either way Id find out what it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 12:47 PM

I know my brand new car had a stop in the service department - the tire pressure monitoring system indicated all the tires were over inflated, so car was taken to service department and tires were brought into correct pressure range.
There are also software updates than are periodically issued.
Doesn't mean there's anything to worry about, but definitely find out why it is in service department.

2018 Touring L
Collapsible spare tire kit
WeatherTech window deflectors, floor mats, and cargo liner
State-issued Vietnam Veteran License plate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 01:13 PM

2019 I want to buy is in service dept

A car which has problems needing service visit even before someone bought it, or a car which didnt start during test drive, is the one Id avoid. Think about how youd like to kick yourself if that car turned out to be the dreaded lemon you wanted to avoid. Sure youd have missed the warning sign. It may be nothing, but .....Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page