Daylight Saving Time on PacHy - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Daylight Saving Time on PacHy

Weird thing happened this morning. When I got in the van around 9 AM the clock had moved itself back one hour instead of forward one hour. The only way to correct the clock was to disable synchronizing to GPS and then to bump it forward two hours since it had incorrectly set itself back one hour. Later in the day, around 1:30 PM the clock had now bumped itself forward by two more hours! This time, I re-enabled the synchronization to GPS and the time then displayed correctly.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 10:58 PM

Yup, I noticed last night (Sat) mine said 8pm when it should have been 9pm, long before it was even supposed to change forward at 2am. Today it's fine though. Glitchy.

2019 Hybrid Limited Black with bird poop accents, S Package, Froot Loops, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, it was overcast
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 11:01 PM

You likely have the metric clock in your van.
Shunted from Canadian delivery to the US.
You should also check the steering wheel to ensure that turning it clockwise steers the van to the right.
Bond007, Waldo, Haggy45 and 1 others like this.

2018 Limited Gas

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 12:00 AM
JBL

I saw the same thing. We went out to dinner last night and it was an hour behind. When we came back from dinner it was two hours behind. This afternoon it was correct.

2018 PacHy; AST; Sunroof
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL View Post
I saw the same thing. We went out to dinner last night and it was an hour behind. When we came back from dinner it was two hours behind. This afternoon it was correct.
Sorta makes you wonder. Iíve written code for embedded systems that automatically corrects a real time clock for DST and I will admit that I had some issues like this that needed to be debugged. But that buggy code never made it out the door into a real world system. I had the code working correctly before it was ever put into a system in the field. So my question is, if they (the software/firmware engineers) canít get a small matter right like automatically correcting for DST, have they got everything right in the more important areas like scheduled charging, fuel/oil refresh mode, calculation of MPG (or MPGe), etc.?

What I would give for the source code for the microcontrollers in that van...

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 12:08 PM
Rus

If it's synced to GPS, wouldn't that mean the satellites were out to lunch for a bit?

2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl with S Package
Van's Nickname is Petunia
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rus View Post
If it's synced to GPS, wouldn't that mean the satellites were out to lunch for a bit?
The satellites don't exactly control the clock; they tell your system exactly where you are and what the world standard (maybe GMT?) time is, and the software in that system controls the time display by cross tabbing location with date.

I also noticed the DST changeover was wonky. It took a couple of hours driving around on Sunday before it registered.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 12:43 PM

Yeah, our van's clock did the same thing. We're GMT -500 (EST), and only bought this thing 1.5 weeks ago. It self-corrected later on that same day. It seems to be a common theme with FCA: software QA is sub par.

2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
Billet Silver/Alloy
Advanced SafetyTec

2017 Chevy Volt LT
Best Single-Charge EV Range (no gas): 76 miles
Current MPGe: 108
Current Miles: 40,000+
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rus View Post
The GPS does not give time specific to your time zone. Itís just Coordinated Universal Time or what used to be called Greenwich Mean Time or Zulu Time. I assume that the computer looks at your location, determines what time zone youíre in, then calculates the offset to display the correct time. I also assume that periodically the clock checks to see if it has crossed over into either Daylight time or Standard time and corrects the offset based upon that.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 11:22 PM

Garage
The software in this van has more bugs than a cheap motel. My favorite one that Uconnect Theater can't sort mp3 files properly- it plays all songs in alphabetical order. Everybody else solved that problem more than a decade ago, even the cheapest players from China. The front Uconnect player sorts properly, but the Theater doesn't.

Uconnect media player:

Uconnect Theater:

What a shame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190207_100308.jpg (396.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 20190207_100231.jpg (286.9 KB, 17 views)

*** 2019 Hybrid Limited ***

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page